Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-drive Sunpad options

UWSkier

Sunpad poll  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Given the choice between the 2 piece and 3 piece sunpad, what would you choose, and do people use your sunpad for actually laying on?

• 2 piece
    • 3 piece
    • Yes, the girls love to lay on it
    • No, we're never stopped long enough to lay out
  2. 2. Given the choice between a 3 piece and a 2 piece with the integrated stepover, which would you choose?

• 3 piece
    • 2 piece with stepover
  3. 3. What do you think is most convenient?

• 2 piece
    • 2 piece with stepover
    • 3 piece

I would prefer a 3 piece to the 2 piece that is on my 07 23LSV. The 2 piece is too big and HEAVY. So be carefull if you leave your rear compartments open to dry while in storage. The 2 piece is so heavy that if left in the open position, the threads of the screws, which mount the strut to the underside of the door, pulled completely out of the door backing material.

I had to drill out the holes in the strut mounting bracket so that I could put larger screws in. Now I don't leave my 2 piece sunpad open for any extended period of time without supporting its weight.

Bunch of wankers...lol

I prefer the look of the 2 piece clean and simple lines, easier access to the warming tray and engine access. I say who likes the new dash….not for me.

Plus1.gif on the sunpad. IMHO I dont like the new dash either No.gif

I agree with you guys. I like the look of the two piece put prefer the function of the three piece. I don't think the walk over is needed either. Not having a warming tray doesnt bother me. Just turn on the shower and warm up before you go in no big deal. Now about that new dash... I did not care for the shape of it either. It is hard enough to get in the deep grooves around the windshield of my 06 to clean and that looks even harder now. Plus It doesn't have a line to it. Kinda boxy looking. Give me the old dash with the new Malivu and new switch placement and I would be thrilled.

W.L. Thumbup.gif

Edited by White Lightning
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't want the "stepover" and i certainly didn't want to pay for it but everythink else about the boat was perfect... so we picked it up thinking we would one day purchase 2 new doors and remove the stepover.... (my wife was likes laying out on the sunpad and didn't want a hard piece of fiberglass in the middle)... BUT.. after having our boat for one season we now love the stepover... if i ordered a new boat i would get it again. It isn't an issue when laying on the sundeck (just throw a towel over it) and i really love that people aren't walking all over my the sundeck.