Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Hatch gas spring replacement, any interest?

Hi,

Anyone need a replacement gas spring for their seat hatch?

The spring on my seat hatch needs replacement. I tracked down the part from the manufacturer SPD. They are 12.50 for 5 with a $30 minimum order + 10 shipping = $4 each. So I can get 10 of them for less than $30. I see web sites selling them for $15 each. If there is enough interest I will buy 10 and sell them for the $4.

Thanks,

Andy

If the group thing doesn't work out, check out NAPA auto parts. They sell the SPD brand. I bought mine a couple years ago for the seat hatch and engine cover for approx. $8 ea. The shock will have the pound rating right on it, then all you do is measure the extended and collapsed length and there you go.

Mike

I need new gas springs for my engine hatch. If they are the same ones I'm in for 2, and if by any chance they are the same ones that the V-drive engine locker hatches use, then I'll be in for a total of 4. I can measure extended and collapsed length and see if i can find a pound rating on it.

I need new gas springs for my engine hatch. If they are the same ones I'm in for 2, and if by any chance they are the same ones that the V-drive engine locker hatches use, then I'll be in for a total of 4. I can measure extended and collapsed length and see if i can find a pound rating on it.

I am talking just the seat hatch. It is 17" extended and 10" at full close and 38lbs. Talking to SPD they have one 17"x10 1/4 and 40lbs or 50 lbs. I was thinking the 40 lbs was closest. I called Napa and they want $17 + ups.

The spd part # is gsni-5200-40 or -50 for the 50 pound.

Andy

Not enough interest so I am buying local.

Edited by awilco