Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lifting and Dropping the Tower

I have a garage that I must drop my Illusion X tower each time. It seems that my tower is really heavy. I seem to remember on my demo boat that it was a really light. I only have two wetsounds (which I know are heavy) and two racks. Howerver, it takes a lot to lift it.

I've tried tightening the springs under the side walls, but it seems to go right back to being a beast. Are others relatively easy to lift? I certainly can't do it with one arm and need to give it a good push.

Just curious if it is normal or if it should be pretty easy.

That sounds about normal. Without anything on the tower it's easy to do with 1 arm when the springs are tightened up. But because of the mounting location of speakers (and racks), the effective weight they add is more than you would think.

I remember the first time I folded the tower down with nothing on it, now with 4 cans, racks, lights and bimini which all do not weigh very much it is much harder to lift. I guess it all adds up and causes more friction on the hinge pin Dontknow.gif

It takes me a bit more effort with the speakers and racks on it, but not REAL bad.

For anyone that has tightened the springs, how hard of job is it? I plan on doing that this spring.