Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX--Illusion X or Titan III (Folding Height)

Now a VLX Owner

I brought our new LSV home this weekend with the Illusion X, it need a 8'5" door to clear. The LSV has the new hoop on the rear and it sticks out further than the 07, I have ordered the 07 bar for the tower, new garage coming this fall. The trailer is a DHM some trailers may be a little different.

The LSV has the new hoop on the rear and it sticks out further than the 07, I have ordered the 07 bar for the tower, new garage coming this fall.

Yes, but the rear hoop on the IXS is removable, the one on the IX is not (so I'm not sure what ordering one for an '07 tower will do for you).

Keep in mind that the 23 is a bigger boat than the 21, so you may be able to get your VLX in a 7' door, but it will be very close with either tower. How much room do you have?

The LSV has the new hoop on the rear and it sticks out further than the 07, I have ordered the 07 bar for the tower, new garage coming this fall.

Yes, but the rear hoop on the IXS is removable, the one on the IX is not (so I'm not sure what ordering one for an '07 tower will do for you).

Keep in mind that the 23 is a bigger boat than the 21, so you may be able to get your VLX in a 7' door, but it will be very close with either tower. How much room do you have?

I have 7' 9" to work with. I am currently looking at 2006 and 2007 VLXs with Titan III and Illusion X towers. My plan in to store the boat inside my garage after each use so hopefully getting it in won't be a major task.

If anyone has photos of their VLX with a Titan III tower folded down please post so I can see the height above the windshield. Still haveing troubles determining if it will fit in my garage. Door opening is 7' 9".

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an 07 VLX with a Titan III riding on a Boatmate Trailer. The boat fits in my garage with about 4 inches to spare with the tower folded down. (7' 9" door opening) The spinner racks need to be turned inward to make them lower than the tower. I can't say enough about how easy the Titan IIIs fold down and I have 2 sets of Alpha II hanging on the tower. My brother owns an 04 X-Star and it takes 2 men and a small child to fold his tower down and he only has one set of tower speakers. I'll post photos with dimensions when I get a chance.

Now I need to figure out how to change my posting name: I'm no longer a "future" VLX Owner. I am now a VLX Owner!!

Thanks for the info..

I just bought an 07 VLX with a Titan III riding on a Boatmate Trailer. The boat fits in my garage with about 4 inches to spare with the tower folded down. (7' 9" door opening) The spinner racks need to be turned inward to make them lower than the tower. I can't say enough about how easy the Titan IIIs fold down and I have 2 sets of Alpha II hanging on the tower. My brother owns an 04 X-Star and it takes 2 men and a small child to fold his tower down and he only has one set of tower speakers. I'll post photos with dimensions when I get a chance.

Now I need to figure out how to change my posting name: I'm no longer a "future" VLX Owner. I am now a VLX Owner!!

Thanks for the info..

Send me a PM and I'll change you're posting for you. Congrats on the new boat!