Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinions on new graphic

apwrx

Its just a quick photoshop. I'll need to resize and get everything to match color and font wise but its a basic idea.

So new or old?

malibudecalmock-1.jpg

malibu.jpg

Edited by apwrx
Its just a quick photoshop. I'll need to resize and get everything to match color and font wise but its a basic idea.

So new or old?

Have you considered No Graphics??

Just the 'Malibu' at the rear with matching matching Domed Numbers at the front would be perfect, but that's just me.

Edited by SKI LVR

So new or old?

Have you considered No Graphics??

Just the 'Malibu' at the rear with matching matching Domed Numbers at the front would be perfect, but that's just me.

Yeah,Iam just one of those guys that think it looks to plain without something there.

Or add the 02/03 graphics.. I still prefer those over the wakesetter one. But it is a personal preferance. I wouldn't go with the old graphic. I'd also take the malibu off, and move it below the rub rail - or use the more current waksetter graphic that goes just below the rub rail in the back

This is a great idea with the Photoshop. I have a 2000 Escape LSV coming that is currently naked. I'd love some different graphic options to play around with in PS before making a decision. If you have any .psd fils available, PM me and let me know.

Thanks,

Keith

The new one looks much better. I don't care for the old "wake setter" graphic. (Even though, that's what's on my boat)

edit: I think the 02ish tribal graphic is timeless. (Might be what Sac Rat is referring to)

Edited by Pistol Pete
The new one looks much better. I don't care for the old "wake setter" graphic. (Even though, that's what's on my boat)

edit: I think the 02ish tribal graphic is timeless. (Might be what Sac Rat is referring to)

I might have to do the tribal.I started pulling the graphic off and the red is brighter where the graphic was.If i cant fix it i will need the tribal to cover it up. Can i fix the red so it matches?

Red is about the worst for fading because of how it reacts with the UV from the sun. You can try a good wax & orbital buffer. Or even a wet sanding, then wax. I did this process on a black PS205 a few years ago with pretty good luck.

Depending on how much time the boat has been in the sun, you might always have that bright spot on the boat.

I'd rather have my own thing on the boat rather than drive a billboard for someone else anyway.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Yea, that is what I was thinking of. The 02/03 tribal isn't too "harsh" or sharp. But again, all a personal thing. I do like the 05/06 too, but not sure it fits on the 2 color older style gel pattern

post-80-1207625303_thumb.jpg

i pulled the decals off my response... i had to use a extra cut rubbing compound and a buffer to fade the gelcoat right.. after 2 months in the sun light you couldn't even tell the decals were there anymore...

i would do the 04-05 Tribal decal... http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=819

Then ditch that malibu decal in the corner and do a drip molded wakesetter decal or the malibu billet SS emblem..

good luck with the prodject..

i pulled the decals off my response... i had to use a extra cut rubbing compound and a buffer to fade the gelcoat right.. after 2 months in the sun light you couldn't even tell the decals were there anymore...

i would do the 04-05 Tribal decal... <a href="http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=819" target="_blank">http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=819</a>

Then ditch that malibu decal in the corner and do a drip molded wakesetter decal or the malibu billet SS emblem..

good luck with the prodject..

Thanks for the link.I think the 04/05 tribal with malibu below the rub rail. Thumbup.gif

Ill have to photo chop again before i order. Sac makes a good case for the older graphic though that does look clean.

Argh its a graphic and iam way overthinking it :Cry:thanks to all for the input

Edited by apwrx

So new or old?

malibudecalmock-1.jpg

malibu.jpg

New or none. The old is hard to read at first glance.

I have an 06 with 120 hrs and have been thinking about pulling the graphics. Will I have any fading at this point? The color I'm pulling the decals off is black.

THANKS.

I have an 06 with 120 hrs and have been thinking about pulling the graphics. Will I have any fading at this point? The color I'm pulling the decals off is black.

THANKS.

I buffed then waxed after i took them off the black and you cant even tell.The red seems to be the worst by far.

Just heat up a corner of the decal carefully peel it up a little and check.Thats what i did on the red, it was definately a different color so i stuck it back down reheated and its good to go.I want to wait until i have the new decals until i peel the red parts.

I'd say you'll be fine but definately check first.