Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom Bimini on Illusion X Tower

IamN2Speed

Hello all.

I currently own (For Sale) a 94 Echelon, and as of next week will be picking up a 2000 Wakesetter LSV (23') up in Reno. The new boat didn't have any canvas, so as part of the deal, I got them to throw in a full cover, and a bimini top for the Illlusion X tower. I'm wondering if any of you have had a custom bimini done, as the surface area is WAAAAY less than I'm used to on the bimini. I've put a couple pictures below to show what I'm used to, and what I'm getting. Just wondering what options I may have for them to give me more shade.

Thanks,

Keith

2000Malibu001.JPG

cruising.jpg

Welcome.gif to the crew Clap.gif and congrats on the new boat. Do you get to pick the bimini you want and will the speakers stay on top of the tower? If so then check out Tower Bimini, many of the crew has them and they are a little larger then the Metcrafts. Tower Bimini also make an extended version as well.

What boat cover are you pick?

Well, to be honest, I'm not all that thrilled with the setup of the speakers on this. I kind of like the more subtle appearance of some of the others I've seen with them on the inside of the tower. I'm not really sure yet what options I have as I haven't even gotten up to see the boat yet. I have an appointment to take it out on the water with the sales guy on Wednesday, but I'm qite sure everything will be fine, and I'll sign the papers then.

As for the cover, they said they'll toss in a fitted gray canvas cover, and have it altered to be custom fit and zip around the tower. I asked to make sure they had tie downs incorporated into it so I could easily just clip it under the boat. I saw a couple of pics of some of the other members that had the black cover with the malibu logo on it. Man, I thought that was sweet, and would almost be willing to toss in an extra $800 for that. But I'll wait till I see the gray one.