Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good day

jjackkrash

I woke up this morning, and the weather report was for 70 degrees, no clouds, and winds, variable, which in Texas means no wind at all. And there wasn't any all day. And no other boats. Perfect. But no one I knew wanted to go out. So I pitched a fit, recruited the neighbor, and convinced the CFO this was the day to take our new 7 month old son boating. The whole lake was glass. So we pulled the Pig out and have a few firsts:

First time my son (seven months) was on the boat. He was asleep when we boarded, and woke up screaming, but once the CFO held him up to look around he was all smiles.

First time for me skiing this year. It was great. I am old and weak, but loved it. And I can still stick the tic-toc on the dismount.

First time for the CFO driving the boat--and the first time she she pulled a skier at 36. The speed scared the hell out of her, but she did a great job.

All in all a great day. No damage, no hard feelings, no accidents. And when I described the benefits of Stargazer, the CFO just said "that sounds like a product we need." I just hope the other crew members have as good a weekend as I am having.

Jack

Edited by jjackkrash

We didn't ride but Slurpee, WakeMD, The CFO and myself just put the boat back on the lift from a trip up to the local hamburger joint on the water. Eating good HB's and watching the sun go down. Awesome day in Texas.

Things are good hear, I can see the water. It will be three or four days to get the lift and dock in . The boat ramp is still ice. With some luck it may go out tomorrow! I need to go down state Monday and will try to get back Thursday. I Will have the lift in by Saturday can't wait. If the lake doesn't have to much crap floating I will ski in one week Ya HOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been watching two Bald eagles the last two days. They fish at the edge of the ice every spring.

As were you Rockon.gif

Now all we have to do is get some of your fair weather friends to help you hang that course Thumbup.gif

Hoov and I got out again today. BIG fun. But now I have a dozen stitches in my head though so it's going to be a couple days before we can get back out there.

That black stick reach out and bite ya?

I'm still sore from my first sets of the year earlier in the week...great to be back on the water. GalaxyToad was ripping it on the black stick!

You guys at Doug's place? 1st time out this season today @ Clinton. Water temp., 72 on the warm side Thumbup.gif

Man I am jealous. We have been fortunate this winter and go to ride a lot, but today was terrible. Rain all day. It has been 2 weeks since I have been on the water and I can't stand it. Glad you had a good day out though.

As were you Rockon.gif

But now I have a dozen stitches in my head though so it's going to be a couple days before we can get back out there.

That black stick reach out and bite ya?

I think GT ought to carry his medical file with him where ever he skies. Kind of like Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse.

Woodski,

As an ER physician, your buddy is what we call a frequent flier, but some people cannot help the fact that the ER is there main resource for their health care needs. Our ER is about two miles from a large state park that is specifically for ATV and motorcycle riding so we see our share of injuries during the warm months of the year.

GalaxyToad, sounds like you might need me to accompany you on your next ski outing. I would be of little help without all of my equipement that I usually have at work. Be careful.

Michael

They're still driving trucks on the lakes here and there are big snow piles in all the parking lots yet. We had a cold snowy winter with no extended thaws like we normally get. It'll probably be mid May before our lake is clear of ice. It's 26 inches thick yet as of this weekend.

Edited by UWSkier

GT, As you have already experienced, visible stitches usually make for interesting conversations, especially if they are on the face. Seems like people sometimes do not know whether to stare and comment or ignore them altogether.

Been stuck in the Las Vegas Airport for 5 hours so far waiting on a broke plane to be fixed for a one-hour flight home. Cry.gif

Edited by LS-One
Been stuck in the Las Vegas Airport for 5 hours so far waiting on a broke plane to be fixed for a one-hour flight home. Cry.gif

U could have drove home it the time its going to take you. Cry.gif

Glad to see so many people starting to get out on the water. A friend and I made it out to Oriville for a over night trip to hang out with Chris, Jeff, Forrest, DeAnna and the kids. Didn't board but was great to be with friends on the water.

Wow, sounds like a great day on the water.

Getting the family involved makes it all the better.

Here's hoping you have a lot more great days this year and in the years to come.

keep having fun guys...hope you're enjoying it...

I will be shoveling the 6-10 inches of snow that is falling right now Cry.gif

Edited by hattric73
They're still driving trucks on the lakes here and there are big snow piles in all the parking lots yet. We had a cold snowy winter with no extended thaws like we normally get. It'll probably be mid May before our lake is clear of ice. It's 26 inches thick yet as of this weekend.

That is why I don't live in Wisconsin or Minnesota.....As if Michigan and Illinois aren't bad enough...I need to move someplace warmer.

GT

GIVE EDWIN HIS AVATAR BACK! It's messing me up.

I am glad someone else said it first.

Thank You for saying that, it has been driving me crazy.......

Gt- You need to be more careful, summer and more skiing is right around the corner!! You really don't need to be injured.