Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help - found extra cable

martho

Howdy,

I was putting the boat back together after the previous owner's dealer winterized it. I found a 12g (or similar diameter) wire running along the starboard side of the bilge. The cable has gray insulation and has a two pin female connector on the end.

I cannot find anyplace where this would attach. Is this part of the malibu cruise and one of the perfect pass components has replaced it and this is just extra? The cable is formed where it was wrapped and judging by the rigidity of the cable, it has been wrapped like that for quite some time.

Pix momentarily.

That looks like an after market plug that the previous owner installed. Maybe the dealer has a clue. Are you really de-winterizing in IL?

Looks to be the plug that would have gone into the PP servo if you had one. DBW boat don't have the servo so it's just there. Most of the PP cables have the gray housing like that. Check out smaller of the two connectors below the servo (taken from my SLXi)

post-99-1207344195_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin

So the moral of the story is that I am not a complete moron except for the fact that I didn't realize I didn't need the cable Whistling.gif

That looks like an after market plug that the previous owner installed. Maybe the dealer has a clue. Are you really de-winterizing in IL?

Time to get a little spring Crappie fishing in before boating season really starts. Yes its finally here - 65 this weekend

Howdy,

I was putting the boat back together after the previous owner's dealer winterized it. I found a 12g (or similar diameter) wire running along the starboard side of the bilge. The cable has gray insulation and has a two pin female connector on the end.

I cannot find anyplace where this would attach. Is this part of the malibu cruise and one of the perfect pass components has replaced it and this is just extra? The cable is formed where it was wrapped and judging by the rigidity of the cable, it has been wrapped like that for quite some time.

Pix momentarily.

Used to vacation on bangs lake way back when. Remember Phil's beach?

Phil's Beach big claim to fame is in the Blues Brothers. That slide is still sitting over there but the beach has been closed for years. They also filmed the crash where John Candy's car gets stuck in a truck about 1 mile from where I live.

OK Peter, I am stumped. I just crawled around the engine for 20 minutes with a flashlight and could not find anywhere that this cable would connect.

Please point me in the right direction Help.gif

As Edwin pointed out, it's a perfect pass wire & plug - see the photo of the PP servo motor he posted ? Do you not have PP on your boat?

Is there a chance the previous owner had Perfect Pass installed (if it was a promo boat for example), and removed it to install in the new boat?

Is there a chance the previous owner had Perfect Pass installed (if it was a promo boat for example), and removed it to install in the new boat?

Do DBW boat still use the servo?

While I was working on my boat today, my cousin stopped by with his on the way to the dealer. A slight hijack of my own thread, however pix are always good.

post-77-1207433540_thumb.jpg

lol....sorry I haven't kept tabs.

DBW does not have a PP servo motor, for it simply controls the throttle body servo motor. You know, the one that doesn't react as fast as a cable throttle did.

That being the case....did someone start to add an old style PP harness and then realized the error?