Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TIII Bimini Problem

Ok, so I just seen the post on the over-the-top bimini for the TIII and it reminds me of a problem I have always had w/ mine. Every time I use the boat I have to take my bimini down and put it up when we get to the lake. I have yet to find a way to attach it to the tower so that it can be towed and not used if you don't want it Frustrated.gif . Perhaps I have it set too high Dontknow.gif The bimini is below the tower and hits the speakers if I try and put it up and tie it to the tower for non-use. There are a number of set screws on the legs for height adjustments, but to move these every time you want to use it would be a bigger pain the arse than just removing the entire bimini every time. Anyway, any help would be gretaly appreciated!!!!!

Hey SCOTTDOMINE-

I think the problem you're encountering is related to the set screws in the legs of the bimini. The only purpose they serve is to prevent the legs of the bimini from completely falling out of the frame when the bimini is not secured on the tower. If you're going to leave the bimini on the tower, just remove those thumb screws entirely (put them in the glove box for safe keeping) and use the bimini as you normally would. Setup like that the bimini will telescope out when you're deploying it, and collapse back down for storage.

That should solve the problems you're seeing, and allow you to leave the bimini stowed on the tower at all times (except for very high speeds, or incredibly long distances). Just remember that those legs can slide out of the frame if you remove the bimini without reinstalling the thumbscrews.

Hey SCOTTDOMINE-

I think the problem you're encountering is related to the set screws in the legs of the bimini. The only purpose they serve is to prevent the legs of the bimini from completely falling out of the frame when the bimini is not secured on the tower. If you're going to leave the bimini on the tower, just remove those thumb screws entirely (put them in the glove box for safe keeping) and use the bimini as you normally would. Setup like that the bimini will telescope out when you're deploying it, and collapse back down for storage.

That should solve the problems you're seeing, and allow you to leave the bimini stowed on the tower at all times (except for very high speeds, or incredibly long distances). Just remember that those legs can slide out of the frame if you remove the bimini without reinstalling the thumbscrews.

Thanks so much for your replies. I will try that this weekend! Hate to brag, but its gonna be 85 degrees here and we're goin Surfing.gifYahoo.gif

Hey SCOTTDOMINE-

You were right on the money skicrave, boy do I feel STUPID :Doh: but it's not the firts time for that Whistling.gif Thanks to the Crew once again for the spectacular insight :thankyou::werule: