Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impeller part number?

I'm looking to replace my impeller so I did a search for the part number for my 2004 Monsoon 340. I came up with the Globe 100J and the Johnson 812. It looks like many of you, with varying engines and years, have purchased the Globe on the group buy. Is this one of those universal parts that fits all Indmars? Will the Globe 100J or the Johnson 812 fit my application? Dontknow.gif

Scott

I cant say for sure if it is universal, but I have the Monsoon 340 hp in a 2004 Xti and use the Johnson 812. I purchases one from the group buy and installed it last weekend. I am not sure but you maybe able to pull the cover plate and see if the part number is stamped on the center portion of the impeller.

Good Luck :)

I'm looking to replace my impeller so I did a search for the part number for my 2004 Monsoon 340. I came up with the Globe 100J and the Johnson 812. It looks like many of you, with varying engines and years, have purchased the Globe on the group buy. Is this one of those universal parts that fits all Indmars? Will the Globe 100J or the Johnson 812 fit my application? Dontknow.gif

Scott

I won't go to say it fits all Malibu's but I have not found one that it has not yet and hope not to. I have also seen this fit some Tige's and MC. I'm making a shipment this after noon.

Thanks for the responses! I'm in the middle of removing my old impeller now and boy am I having a good time. Ranting.gif Having a hard time getting it out, but I just did another search a found out I need to bump the engine over. I hope this frees it up so I don't have to pry as hard as I have been. I don't want to mar the inside of the housing with my needle nose pliers. This is my first time replacing the impeller in a V-drive. It's not quite as easy to get at as my old DD. Well, I better get back to the garage.

I finally got my impeller out! Yahoo.gif I'd still be going at it if it wasn't for this site. I know everyone says it, but the people here are really great. :werule: I used WD40 and couple of bumps and the thing practically slid right out. It's amazing what a difference the right technique makes, thanks MalibuCrew! For future reference, my 2004 VLX with the 340 Monsoon had the Johnson 812 impeller in it. I'll probably replace it with the Globe 100J, so that I don't have to go through replacing it every year. Now it's time for Beer.gif

• 3 years later...