Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 1235 versus 1273

5oclocksomewhere

I know we have worn it out but was wondering if any one had experience with these two props on the same boat, local dealer was whining about me buying a prop on line so I told him I wanted to get another prop for higher elevation and or more weight , wanted to try an OJ edge but he called the fellows at ACME and they said to go wih the 1273 over the 1235 and that I wouldnt loose as much top end, are they correct,and will it still help me for altitude, oh ya my bu is a VTX with a monsoon.

I know we have worn it out but was wondering if any one had experience with these two props on the same boat, local dealer was whining about me buying a prop on line so I told him I wanted to get another prop for higher elevation and or more weight , wanted to try an OJ edge but he called the fellows at ACME and they said to go wih the 1273 over the 1235 and that I wouldnt loose as much top end, are they correct,and will it still help me for altitude, oh ya my bu is a VTX with a monsoon.

FL and Altitude :unsure: Lake on top of land fill. :lol: \

If you look at the specs on them you will see that the 1273 (new prop this yr) has a huge cup and that is the part helping your top end. It should give great hole shot at all altitude's and may not hit the Rev limiter like the 1235. I have never run one but sure would like to try it out. I would want to see how the cup effects the wake and wash out.

So is it similar to the OJ. I had the OJ (XMP) I think on mine last year and was quite impressed. Better whole shot than stock yet didn't quite hit the rev limiter at top end.

FWIW

Im planning on going to powell in june and bear lake [utah,Idaho border] on the same trip , bear lake is about 5 or 6 thousand feet I think, also when I put the 1273 on the boat there is only about a 1/8 inch between the prop and the trailer support , kind of scary , what do you think ? its a boat mate trailer.

Im planning on going to powell in june and bear lake [utah,Idaho border] on the same trip , bear lake is about 5 or 6 thousand feet I think, also when I put the 1273 on the boat there is only about a 1/8 inch between the prop and the trailer support , kind of scary , what do you think ? its a boat mate trailer.

Shocking.gif is what I think. You can't be off by much when loading up. With all the weight people are starting to load up in the boats, Prop companys are having to come up with new spec's to keep up with the request's. One way for them to have both of test worlds (hole shot and top end) is to go larger in Dia. witch in turn is making the prop that much closer to the trailer. I did see some pics of some one who had droped the prop guard area on the trailer and it came out great.

I can't believe someone from Florida is going to hit Bear Lake, Idaho. It's a small world, that's where both my parents grew up and we have a family reunion there every summer. It is high elevation and one of the prettiest lakes I've ever seen, but the water isnt' very smooth unless it's early morning. After Powell, the water in Bear Lake will feel very cold! Enjoy, that's beautiful country and is still relatively uninvaded by Californicators. You're welcome to PM me any questions about the area if you're not very familiar with it.