Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1996 Echelon - What does the crew think of the wake on this...

JAF1063

A friend of mine is looking at this boat on Ebay...wants to know how the Slalom wake is behind this....

Also, was this anybody on the crew's boat?

Any input would be appreciatted!!

Thanks! Biggrin.gif

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-Malibu...tem120240917974" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-Malibu...tem120240917974</a>

Excellent Slalom Wake, but a little tight being a closed bow.

Edited by G!!!!!!

I have a 97 and love it. It has the SV23 hull which is what the response's used untill 99 I believe, then went to the SV23 Diamond. We mostly course ski and it is just about as good as the Response. Slightly bigger but for a slalom boat, wakes are good at slower speeds and even at 22 off, where most boats fail, at least if your looking at boats from the 90's. I ski at 22 and 28 off, my wife skis at 30 to 32 MPH 15 off, friends are at 35 and 38 off. Everyone thinks its great.

That is a really cheap price, assuming nothing major is wrong with it of course. Could be a really great buy.

Again i have to say that I love mine, it has been well taken care of but looks just about as good today as it did 10 years ago. No mechanical issues, or material issues, I couldn't be happier.

Also if the seller really thinks that he has an LT1 when it says right on the side of the boat Malibu Monsoon, he probably doesn't know much. The bend boat guide tells me something, and the engine looks a little rough visually, but the outside looks nice and the interior looks ok, the pictures are a little dark.