Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat docks on Lake Granbury.

Jeffro84

Looking for members who boat on or near Lake Granbury to recommend a good dock guy. The one I want is booked until Aug. Also, to the members at large, whats the preferred lifting method. Theres the cradle,which is put together on site to suit your boat(Boat and cradle are then lifted via a motor and cable combo). Theres the hydrohoist, which has the large pontoons do all the lifting. I have friends with both and neither has complained.

Really the best we found was Aqua Dock for several reasons. I think most of them are booked up 4 to 6 months year 'round. I have a neighbor that builds docks and uses Aqua Dock to drive the pipe. You're welcome to come look at our dock in Harbor Lakes if you want. Aqua Dock is building one in our neighborhood now.

I had them build my cradle with the same bunk positions as my trailer. No problems with the lift at all. You need deeper water for the hydrohoist to sink in than I have here.

Where are you on the lake?

Ronnie

post-5-1207139390_thumb.jpg

Really the best we found was Aqua Dock for several reasons. I think most of them are booked up 4 to 6 months year 'round. I have a neighbor that builds docks and uses Aqua Dock to drive the pipe. You're welcome to come look at our dock in Harbor Lakes if you want. Aqua Dock is building one in our neighborhood now.

I had them build my cradle with the same bunk positions as my trailer. No problems with the lift at all. You need deeper water for the hydrohoist to sink in than I have here.

Where are you on the lake?

Ronnie

Thanks for the reply. I booked Wayne Litchfield today,otherwise I would be calling Aqua Dock. Litchfield and Son has been around forever and have a great rep.(Plus he starts next week).Were located at the intersection of Resort and Kikaga Rd.,near the south end of the lake. I have this boat coming soon and was lucky to have the dock built by May. I'll definitely look you up this summer.Where is Harbor Lakes?

We're probably about a mile down the lake from the 377 bridge on the left, our house is on Harborside Dr.

Litchfield will do you a good job. I'm pretty sure he did the seawalls in our neighborhood. Surprised he could get to you that fast, you're lucky.

We're probably about a mile down the lake from the 377 bridge on the left, our house is on Harborside Dr.

Litchfield will do you a good job. I'm pretty sure he did the seawalls in our neighborhood. Surprised he could get to you that fast, you're lucky.

I was very lucky to get this done quickly. I have a few other friends who have moved to the lake this past year,so it will be fun do drive around and find all these houses from the lake. About half the people I know on the lake are permanent and about half are from colleyville area. If you get your boat out in the next week or so cruise down and look for his barge. Our smaller property is right by the boat ramp.

We might just cruise down there. I'll probably pull my boat sometime this weekend for a day or two. I've got a commercial upholstery sewing machine here that a friend let me use. I'm going to make a transom/platform cover to go over the rear of our boat. I got a few yards of Sunbrella to match the Rankin cover from Rankin when I ordered new straps to replace the worn out old ones. I don't plan to tow with the transom cover, just for when it's on the lift and that evening sun hits it.

How much do you want to pay?

Depends on if there is a house or just land. Land ~$125k. House that can rent for a while, would depend on cash flow.

Do you guys know of any decent lots for sale on the lake?

Stay away, CA rocks, Texas sucks Fingerwag.gif

Thanks for the advice. What was I thinking.... :Doh:

Don't now of anything near that price for a lot on the water here but I'm sure they are out there. There is a lot of search results on the net. There are houses you can rent around the lake too. You should have done this 1 1/2 years ago when we first talked about it. There is a VERY nice house behind us on the best lot in the subdivision. You and Kim should pick this one up and live right across the canal from us.

Don't now of anything near that price for a lot on the water here but I'm sure they are out there. There is a lot of search results on the net. There are houses you can rent around the lake too. You should have done this 1 1/2 years ago when we first talked about it. There is a VERY nice house behind us on the best lot in the subdivision. You and Kim should pick this one up and live right across the canal from us.

$920k Crazy.gif What do you think were from CA Tease.gif

I know, I know. But surely there must be some foreclosures or something?

Kim is going to TX later this month for a meeting in Plano. We have looked at some properties for sale (online) North of Dallas. So far, Kim is a holdout because she says values never go up in TX. But obviously, lake values are doing fine :) Anyway, maybe I should also come out and do some poking around.

Kim is going to TX later this month for a meeting in Plano. We have looked at some properties for sale (online) North of Dallas. So far, Kim is a holdout because she says values never go up in TX. But obviously, lake values are doing fine :) Anyway, maybe I should also come out and do some poking around.

Not true IME.

You guys should plan a few extra days and come down here to poke around. I'll put you up.

As a resident of Dallas, I can tell you that prices go up quite nicely, in fact our market is holding steady in our area and rising while those bubble places are bursting evrywhere. Where prices have fallen and not went up much is the suburbs, Allen, McKinney, Plano, Frisco etc. I have accrued more in equity/appreciation in 2 years in Dallas than my house in the surburbs was worth.

• 2 months later...

I would never use Aqua Dock. They were building a dock on my neighbors' property (June 11, 2008 in Rock Harbor) and showed us what kind of people they are. I politely asked them to move their stack of supplies off of our property "when they got a chance". The very fat guy who identified himself as the boss immediately whined and said, "Your property was the only level ground I could find to stack my stuff". I asked two more times, but he refused to say he would move off of our property. I should have pointed out that he had multiple barges he could have kept his supplies and equipment on, but I had the feeling I was about to get into an argument with 6 or 7 thugs, regardless of how respectfully I was asking for cooperation.

BTW - Two of his three work barges were tied to our old rusty pylons that are clearly on our side of the property line. We only use them for lightweight stuff. I'm afraid they won't take the abuse they are getting now. Don't use these people if you believe in personal property rights. They sure don't seem to.

Wayne Leitchfield is a solid guy, has been around here forever, and comes to the job loaded for bear! When you see his equipt., you will know what I mean. Also I though he built as good a dock as anybody else for about 50% of the cost. I am pleased. It also helps that he is very well connected with the BRA so all the Gummit Regs are a snap.

Wayne Leitchfield is a solid guy, has been around here forever, and comes to the job loaded for bear! When you see his equipt., you will know what I mean. Also I though he built as good a dock as anybody else for about 50% of the cost. I am pleased. It also helps that he is very well connected with the BRA so all the Gummit Regs are a snap.

Wayne and crew have battled serious winds for the last month and a half, but they're getting close. He was not 50% cheaper but his price was equal to another gentleman who builds on the lake. Wayne won the contract because he could start right away. I'll post pics of the finished product.