Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY 100 hour service

hyperlitenerd

Hello Everyone!

My 2004 ws lsv needs a 100 hr service. We normally take it into copes, but after talking to them, they are booked through june 10th! arg! So I am looking to do this my self. What do I need to change, what should I check for wear, and what are the part numbers for all the different items.

TIA!

Oil/Filter ,V-drive & Tranny fluid, FUEL filter, likely spruce up the air cleaner...thats about it, IIRC. FF and air cleaner about the only additional items to service at 100hr, I think?

Little search on here and the FUEL filter part number will arise. Seems like it is an easily accessible Napa part number. The 2004 only has one FF (inline) or at least MY 2004 LSV does.

Hope this helps!

Hello Everyone!

My 2004 ws lsv needs a 100 hr service. We normally take it into copes, but after talking to them, they are booked through june 10th! arg! So I am looking to do this my self. What do I need to change, what should I check for wear, and what are the part numbers for all the different items.

TIA!

I would also lube the Rudder Port (grease fittings on it) and do your trailer maintenance. You might also check your spin control bolts and muffler bearings just to be safe. Yes.gif

Dang! I always forget the muffler bearings! Good Call. Whistling.gif

I would also lube the Rudder Port (grease fittings on it) and do your trailer maintenance. You might also check your spin control bolts and muffler bearings just to be safe. Yes.gif
Oil/Filter ,V-drive & Tranny fluid, FUEL filter, likely spruce up the air cleaner...thats about it, IIRC. FF and air cleaner about the only additional items to service at 100hr, I think?

Little search on here and the FUEL filter part number will arise. Seems like it is an easily accessible Napa part number. The 2004 only has one FF (inline) or at least MY 2004 LSV does.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I will start looking for those parts!

Are the spin control bolts near the blinker fluid?? ;)

Are the spin control bolts near the blinker fluid??

There are no blinkers on a boat, silly. But be sure to check the blinker fluid on the trailer. Thumbup.gif

I was serious about the rudder port and the trailer maintenance. :)

Edited by NorCaliBu

If you have docking lights you might want to change out the halogen fluid as well!

Are the spin control bolts near the blinker fluid??

There's no blinkers on the boat, silly. But be sure to check the blinker fluid on the trailer. Thumbup.gif

I was serious about the rudder port and the trailer maintenance. :)