Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Headroom / Clearance on TItan III vs Illusion

ChuckW

I'm ordering a 08 21 LSV and concerned with the head room with the Illusion tower as I'm 6ft 3" and my sons are also tall (and a lot of friends) and I can see a lot of people banging off the tower !! The dealer told me the Titan III would only give me a few more inches of headroom and I'm thinking I may have to go with an aftermarket tower to get the headroom. Any tall folks have the Titan III or Titan II ? Any concerns with resale if I put an older style Titan II or another type of tower on the boat ?

Thanks

Chuck

I am 6'1" and I don't have a problem with banging my head on the tower. 04 VLX with Illusion. The speaker cans get hit every once'n while.

T3 is definitely taller. I have a buddy with the Illusion in an 04 XTI & I hit my head on it at only 6'1". But my brother has the same boat with a T3 & I can easily walk under it standing up. Same with my T2 on my own boat.

It isn't like you're walking back and forth inside the boat much. Usually getting in the boat, and going for a seat. I don't think it should be your primary tower criteria

I would tend to agree with SacRiverRat, this isn't a deal breaker by any means.

To provide specifics though, the Series III is 6" higher than an IX on a 21' boat (and also higher than a Series II). And while it's true that the current bimini for the IX tower is higher than the bimini for the Series III, that may not always be the case.

The Bimini can be tucked tucked up pretty high on the Titan III. I have attached a picture of Edwin's Response LXi. As you can see if you don't hook up a bunch of tower speaker and lights, you can get the Bimini up and out of the way. I'm not sure if it is high enough to never hit your head but would be a good (soft) warning vs the Tower Tubes.

post-4758-1207227247_thumb.jpg

I'm ordering a 08 21 LSV and concerned with the head room with the Illusion tower as I'm 6ft 3" and my sons are also tall (and a lot of friends) and I can see a lot of people banging off the tower !! The dealer told me the Titan III would only give me a few more inches of headroom and I'm thinking I may have to go with an aftermarket tower to get the headroom. Any tall folks have the Titan III or Titan II ? Any concerns with resale if I put an older style Titan II or another type of tower on the boat ?

Thanks

Chuck

Thanks for all the info. I'm going with the Titan III to get a little extra room and I also like the look of the polished tower over the black Illusion.

Chuck