Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu cruise default to on?

I read on another forum that it is possible to change the cruise to where it defaults to on after turning the engine off and on. This was for an 08 VLX. Can you do the same with the 07 cruise? It annoys me to no end having to turn the cruise on every time I turn the boat off.

Ideas?

I read on another forum that it is possible to change the cruise to where it defaults to on after turning the engine off and on. This was for an 08 VLX. Can you do the same with the 07 cruise? It annoys me to no end having to turn the cruise on every time I turn the boat off.

Ideas?

I have not heard you can do this to an 08. Can you reference the thread? I would love to know!

Ideas?

I have not heard you can do this to an 08. Can you reference the thread? I would love to know!

Yup!

He says it's in the manual.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1207061469

Can anyone out there confirm if this is possible with older boats? I have an 06 with Malibu cruise and would love to be able to have it come on when starting the engine. I can't tell you how many times I have realized the cruise was off when pulling someone. It is quite comical to look back and see there faces when you are pulling them at 20 mph on a surfboard! Whistling.gif

Ideas?

Yup!

Ideas?

Yup!

Awesome!!! I can't believe I missed this! I just got my manual a few week ago. Have not gone thru it yet And, I wonder if this was something the corrected in the MMDC replacements.

So will it default to on no matter what (that's what it sound like based on that thread)? Or will it remember what you had it set at previously & default to that (which would be better)? I'm going to look this up when I get home tonight to see if it applies to '06 models.

So will it default to on no matter what (that's what it sound like based on that thread)? Or will it remember what you had it set at previously & default to that (which would be better)? I'm going to look this up when I get home tonight to see if it applies to '06 models.

I wish it would just kept the previous setting!!!

Let us know what you find out...it will save me the trouble of having to read Biggrin.gif

I wish it would just kept the previous setting!!!

That would be ideal. Based on that thread though, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Kb,

Will do. :)

Yeah, that's true. Now I don't know what I would want if it always defaulted to on. I'd much rather have it remember what it was set at before the engine was turned off. I wouldn't want it to always be on.

Well I just looked at my manual and it does not really specify anything about default setting for the cruise control. It's very vague, I guess I am going to have to go play around with it tomorrow and find out. It says you can default the view when you start up the boat between the clock, the cruise control, Boat system, tach/ speed but nothing about changing the setting on, leaving the cruise on until manually turned off.

I have my boat at the factory right now. I asked them about getting an update to the Malibu Cruise for the default on since I had read it was available a few months back.

They said that no update exists. In fact, they said there was no change to 08's. Crazy.gif

This option was added part of the way through 2007. From what I understand it is not simply a firmware flash, and because of that, it is not possible to update earlier MMDC's with the new functionality.

To activate, go into the diagnostics menu and select the default on screen. You can set it to be clock, speedo/RPM, etc. One of the options is the speed control. When set that way it will default to the last setting before the ignition was turned off.

So to recap, definitely not an option for 2006, is an option for some late 2007 model year boats, and is available on all 2008 MY boats. To check if your boat has it, just scroll to the diagnostic menu and see if it shows up in one of the options for the start up screen.

Skicrave,

Does that just default the display? Or, does that make it work like PP? If the speed control is on when I turn off the ignition it will still be on next time a start?

Does that just default the display? Or, does that make it work like PP? If the speed control is on when I turn off the ignition it will still be on next time a start?

Both, it defaults the display to the cruise screen, AND the system will be armed. SO nice not to have to worry about remembering to arm it before pulling the rider up.

Wonder if June of 07 is late enough in the year. I'll have to check next week.

Yeah, you're fine, June is the last month in the MY, so all boats from 0607 should definitely have the new firmware.

This option was added part of the way through 2007. From what I understand it is not simply a firmware flash, and because of that, it is not possible to update earlier MMDC's with the new functionality.

To activate, go into the diagnostics menu and select the default on screen. You can set it to be clock, speedo/RPM, etc. One of the options is the speed control. When set that way it will default to the last setting before the ignition was turned off.

So to recap, definitely not an option for 2006, is an option for some late 2007 model year boats, and is available on all 2008 MY boats. To check if your boat has it, just scroll to the diagnostic menu and see if it shows up in one of the options for the start up screen.

It says specifically in my manual that it's one of the choices for the default screen (it's called "Favorites" in the manual), but there's no option for it in the display. Typo? Mine was one of the first '06 models, built in August of '05.

It says specifically in my manual that it's one of the choices for the default screen (it's called "Favorites" in the manual), but there's no option for it in the display. Typo? Mine was one of the first '06 models, built in August of '05.

can't find it on mine either 06 vlx

This is how skicrave set up my 07 vride and have to say it is so nice with the default set to on.....

just through the boarder out .....fire up the boat and go Rockon.gif

This is how skicrave set up my 07 vride and have to say it is so nice with the default set to on.....

just through the boarder out .....fire up the boat and go Rockon.gif

I've got a 2007 VLX (earlier model) which does NOT have the Cruise On/Cruise Off selections under the Favorite menu. All it has is Clock, Engine, Speed Tach. I guess I'm out of luck. Bummer!!! I really wish I could default this to on since I always forget to turn it on after switching riders.

Bryan