Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery Switch

2007 LSV

When I move the dealer installed battery switch to Off it literally shuts the power off to EVERYTHING. As a result, the clock resets, my radio presets clear, etc.

I would expect that limited power would be provided to keep the basics alive.

Do others leave the switch on when the boat isn't in use? I have two batteries so I could leave it on battery 1 and turn to 2 if needed.

Thoughts?

2007 LSV

When I move the dealer installed battery switch to Off it literally shuts the power off to EVERYTHING. As a result, the clock resets, my radio presets clear, etc.

Do others leave the switch on when the boat isn't in use? I have two batteries so I could leave it on battery 1 and turn to 2 if needed.

Thoughts?

This is correct. It saves the batteries for when in storage.

There are 2 fused leads you might want to keep direct wired to a battery or the constant hot side of your switch. They are the memory lead to your head unit (my Sony is yellow) and the bilge pump which on my '06 is brown. I occasionally leave my boat in the water overnight and prefer that the power is off (in case i forgot to turn anything off and is a small hinderence to theft) but still want the bilge pump to protect against small leaks.

2007 LSV

Thoughts?

Yea, Off is Off - how handy that is :unsure: Oh, the benefits of a battery combiner/isolator, that is really what you need.

The only other reason I could think of to have the battery cutoff switch is in the event of a small electrical fire, you could immediately cut all power from the battery. Other than that, I don't really see a need for it if you only have one battery. The isolator is a different story, especially if you run the stereo a lot with the engine off.

2007 LSV

Thoughts?

Yea, Off is Off - how handy that is :unsure: Oh, the benefits of a battery combiner/isolator, that is really what you need.

I like how you went above and beyond. Clap.gifThumbup.gif