Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Lift

jason browne

I have a 1991 Malibu Euro F3 195 Skier and would like to purchase a boat lift. I need to know how much this boat weighs full of fuel. I think I would need 3000-4000 lb. lift.

Thanks for the help, Jason

I have a 1991 Malibu Euro F3 195 Skier and would like to purchase a boat lift. I need to know how much this boat weighs full of fuel. I think I would need 3000-4000 lb. lift.

Thanks for the help, Jason

4000 lbs should be plenty. I think that boat weighs about 3200lbs plus a few hundred for gear and gas. Either way you'll be safe with a 4000lb lift.

I would have to say a 3000lb lift would be sufficient for your 91 Skier. Of course there will likely not be much difference in price on the used market for 3000 vs 4000lb lift...go used and get the heavier lift for that newer, heavier boat I see in your future Biggrin.gif

if you can afford it, get a 5,000 lbs lift. that way if you ever upgrade or get a larger boat you will always be covered... Our 4k Nyman water lift has a really hard time getting a 21.5 VLX up out of the water.

I would have to say a 3000lb lift would be sufficient for your 91 Skier. Of course there will likely not be much difference in price on the used market for 3000 vs 4000lb lift...go used and get the heavier lift for that newer, heavier boat I see in your future Biggrin.gif

I tried to find a used lift but thats near impossible to find where i live. That is why i am looking new. I am pricing Bertrend and Shorestation. Seems like the shorestation is a heavier built unit.

Thanks, Jason

I wouldn't go less than a 4,000 lbs. I have a 4,500 lbs and after getting it I am on my thread boat. and the second boat it was good I had the heaver lift as I bought a bigger v drive and needed to have it. I now have a lighter boat but still would not want a liter lift. Buy one keep it for a life. Its a lot cheaper to buy one and not turn it over if you go bigger. Also it is easy to sell the better lifts. MHO.

Personally I would go for the bigger lift. When you are calculating your weight for the lift don't forget to add people in the boat while on the lift. You don't want your boat bouncing up and down like a cork when you get in and out of it and like me I am sure that you will be doing work on it while it is up in the air. I have a 3900 lb boat on a 6600lb lift and am very happy with the "extra" capacity.

-Dave

Personally I would go for the bigger lift. When you are calculating your weight for the lift don't forget to add people in the boat while on the lift. You don't want your boat bouncing up and down like a cork when you get in and out of it and like me I am sure that you will be doing work on it while it is up in the air. I have a 3900 lb boat on a 6600lb lift and am very happy with the "extra" capacity.

-Dave

Thanks for all the input from every one.

Jason