Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-ride 2007 for the ocean?

Bamburo

Hi,

I bought last year a Vride 07 model, which up to now I am very happy with. As the severe draugh in center Spain lingers on, chances to use it this summer in our water reservoir are very scarce, so I am considering taking the boat to the sea in Galicia (Northwestern Spain). We will be using it in fearly flat and sheltered waters (something similar to Norwayan fiords), however, when the wind picks up, a mean chop develops of up to 2 to 3 feet.

I am worried as some people think that these boats are not suited for salt water at all. I have installed a system to circulate fresh water through the engine after every session out on the sea, but what really worries me is the possibility of taking in some waves.

Does anyone has any experience with Vride or wakesetter out in the sea?. I would really appreciate your imput. Best regards from Spain.

No first hand experience to offer, however, I would think very LONG about it before I exposed my Bu' to the salt of the Sea. I just have heard nightmares about the corrosion that occurs to all exposed metals and wiring, etc.

RE: 2-3 ft chop? I would think the boat would do fine.

Hope this helps,

No first hand experience to offer, however, I would think very LONG about it before I exposed my Bu' to the salt of the Sea. I just have heard nightmares about the corrosion that occurs to all exposed metals and wiring, etc.

RE: 2-3 ft chop? I would think the boat would do fine.

Hope this helps,

Plus1.gif

I would say invest in a snap on bow cover. With the bow covered up you have much less of a chance at taking on a nasty wave.

Salt water just means wash your boat down really well after every trip, flush the motor, and use WD-40 everywhere. Under the dash on the wiring, and all over the motor, cables, etc. People also like Bioshield T9 as it lasts longer.

Also, you need to have an aluminum or galvanized trailer.

-Chris