Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TitanII tower will my Bimini fit???

SkiBum26

I have a 2000 Malibu Response LX witha stock bimini that is mounted on the windsheild. Will it fit under a TitanII tower?

Also does anyone have Wetsounds 6.5 interior speakers? Are they worth the money?

Unfortunately, because of the variables involved, there is no way to say for certain if your existing bimini will fit and work correctly under the tower. Because our towers don't have cross bars, they tend to be more "bimini compatible" from what I've seen, but there's a good chance you will be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect the bimini to work.

More likely is that it may work with some slight modifications (narrowing it slightly to fit within the tower), or it may not work at all. You're better off if you expect that the bimini won't work, that way you will be pleasantly surprised if it does.

I don't have personal experience with Wet Sounds XS series, but based on their tower speakers, I would expect the 6.5s to perform quite well, as long as you have reasonable expectations for what they're going to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 2002, I bought a new 2001 Response LX with a Bimini. I then added a Titan II tower a year later. Unfortunately the Bimini DOES NOT fit with the tower, both the poles and the fabric need significant modifications which I am not going to attempt to do myself. I am going to try to find someone who can customize the Bimini I have to fit with the tower I have, and there is a guy in town that apparently does this. Ask your local Malibu dealer, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck (to you and me).