Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom lightning in malibu dash, interior and everywhere

jonsvtx

Is it having lights in there at all or the color of the lights? Mine are red. Biggrin.gif

he said blue and red

blue exspecially

red because of nav. lights

No worries. I'm just curious about the housings for the lights & how they're mounted/installed. I'd like to light up the footwell in my cabin & the cupholder idea is really neat, but I'm not sure how to pull those off.

made a mad dash for the boat while the kid sleeps Thumbup.gif

photos5333_320x240.jpg swim deck

boatproject015.jpg rear leds

boatproject016.jpg close up

boatproject018.jpg above cup holders

What are you using in the bottom of the cup holders? Got pics? Is it a single led and doesn't it stick up where a bottle hits it?

No worries. I'm just curious about the housings for the lights & how they're mounted/installed. I'd like to light up the footwell in my cabin & the cupholder idea is really neat, but I'm not sure how to pull those off.

made a mad dash for the boat while the kid sleeps Thumbup.gif

photos5333_320x240.jpg swim deck

boatproject015.jpg rear leds

boatproject016.jpg close up

boatproject018.jpg above cup holders

What are you using in the bottom of the cup holders? Got pics? Is it a single led and doesn't it stick up where a bottle hits it?

you mount the led in the hole at the bottom of the cup holder and as john has done drill another hole to drain it

mine are mounted above the cup holders shinning down

I havent herd of one, but i would be there. Rockon.gif

nice

I'm torn

rings around the cup holders and speakers or leds in them

like the look

p.s. you have to keep the water bottles in the cup holders at all times

looks better Tongue.gif

Edited by my malibu
Is it having lights in there at all or the color of the lights? Mine are red. Biggrin.gif

he said blue and red

blue exspecially

red because of nav. lights

Hmmmmm, may have to re-think that one. Thanks for the head's up.

I just put mine on a switch Whistling.gif

So you can just tap into the existing wire? Did i read that wrong?

yes you can tap into the factory court. lights because they draw such a small amount of amperage

I made my own wiring harness anal

I have about fifty in the harness and it draws 0.9 amps

LEDs draw so much less power than conventional bulbs that you can very easily tap into the existing wiring. What I did was to replace the bulbs in all of the existing housings with LED festoons, so that brings your starting net amperage waaaaaaay down. Then you add LEDs as you want without worrying about tripping the breaker. I didn't want to fiddle with another switch, so they all come on when the interior lights are on.

How did you wire your platform and what kind of rope did you use on it? Are the wire clips held by adhesive?

Thanks!

wire cover Nylon Expandable Sleeving coated in epoxy

and I epoxied the modules down and screwed them in

was going to remove the screws after the epoxy dried but It looked good and the extra holding power of the screws is a little peace of mind

in the future probably going fiberglass the whole bottom of the swim deck to hide all the wires just exposing the modules

Edited by WakeGirl

How did you get the wire from the platform to the boat? I noticed that you can remove your platform so you must have some type of watertight connection?

Looks great!!

Thanks for your help

How did you get the wire from the platform to the boat? I noticed that you can remove your platform so you must have some type of watertight connection?

Looks great!!

Thanks for your help

you have three options

1 drill hole in boat place a two peace waterproof connector ( like one's used on the tower speakers )

2 remove the rear drain plug and replace it with a t connector replace plug in one end and epoxy the wire to the other side

3 use a connecting bolt going through the hull ( swim platform )

have too use two bolts for + and -

Edited by my malibu