Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom lightning in malibu dash, interior and everywhere

jonsvtx

Ok so my boats not even 3 hrs old and I'm wanting to mod it. Wanted to possibly change the dash and the multifunction switch lighting to blue as well as the aux radio control. Ideals this is a 2008 built march 10 VTX Solid blue. Wanted to know if anyone had moded the tower emblems for lights and thinking of swapping the bright white LEDs in the cup holder areas and pouches to bi-color leds(blue and white) so dim 1 would be white 50% and dim 2 Blue and standard as bright white also add a couple of concealed white leds under the seat and walk thru area to light the floor when white leds are on.(used to loose stuff on the floor all the time in my old boat ) then put the Blue leds in the ss cupholders but mounted on the side and flush.

I think I read some one even lit the vents? I did see a company that sells sealed Led multi color strips that are water tight for the underside of the dive platform the transom light are to say the least disappointing. (my lake has clarity to 10 ft in fla that's great) the factory wired them to the dock light and they only appear to glow a foot. Found out in my factory tour their is an option for leds that light the top of the platform would have liked to have those as well. ALL SO IF YOU GO TO ORDER A NEW MALIBU THEY HAVE SOME CHEESY LOOKING LED DOCK LIGHT MAKE SURE YOU REQUEST THE HALOGENS (THE ONES FOUND ON ALL THE LIT AND THE WEB SITE)ODLY NO PICS OF THE LEDS I MADE THEM CHANGE IT BACK ON MY BOAT.

Last but not least has anybody ever lit the laser cut outs on the trailer that say malibu any advice?

Also has anyone with a new Malibu had a flickering with their LEDs with the boat in aux or running?

hey john most of the stuff your talking about has been done. I personaly have the cup holders the vents and the under water leds. I used oznium for the vents and cup holders and factory 08 leds for under the water. havent herd of doing the muliti color but sounds interesting. the cup holders are easy the ozniums fit perfect in the factory hole and a little bit of glue holds them in well. the vents i had to drill a hole but no big deal. and my girl had the underwater leds done by the dealer. I put them on a seprate switch ill get some pics soon.

heres a couple of the cup holders ill have to take pics of the others.

Very cool i was going to pull the cup holders out drill a small hole in the side an install small flat blue leds to just make them glow

more pics

photos4109.jpg rear looking forward

Wow I was thinking just one in the back center bench and poping 2 multi color flush mounted leds into the speaker cans for overhead lights controlled by tower light switch. Isn't that many lights pretty bright I didn't think about the cooler box. Did notice the gauges are still red no mod their yet? I couldn't make out the picture for the rear? Has anyone lit the malibu medallions on the side of the tower? how would you wire it? So has any one heard of a Wake board custom show to show off the bling and lighting?

I drilled sm. drain holes off to the side i wanted to keep the leds centered so when you have drinks in the holders they glow nice and even.

just wondering

Wow, I have an '04 and was one of the first inside lighting around here but it has come a long way. Plus1.gif This is definitely a couple steps up. They look great!

more pics

photos4109.jpg rear looking forward

Wow I was thinking just one in the back center bench and poping 2 multi color flush mounted leds into the speaker cans for overhead lights controlled by tower light switch. Isn't that many lights pretty bright I didn't think about the cooler box. Did notice the gauges are still red no mod their yet? I couldn't make out the picture for the rear? Has anyone lit the malibu medallions on the side of the tower? how would you wire it? So has any one heard of a Wake board custom show to show off the bling and lighting?

sorry hard to hold the camera still i know it's a bad photo

it from the side looking at the rear

I was going to change the gauges but the red grew on me

also have white on the sub and shining on the drivers side cup holder so you can see the ipod , etc.

the LEDs are bright in the boat but they are mounted low

so from outside the boat not so bright if you don't count swim deck and vent ones

I have seen led for around the medallions can't remember the name of the company but I ordered some and never got them

paypal refund guess the company went out of business

they where nicely done about 30 leds in a plastic ring that came out the same distance as the medallion step downs

Edited by my malibu
So what does that look like in the daytime? I'm curious to see what the housings & installation is like.

what do you want to see???

damn have to wait until it stops snowing here to take more pictures

can't find the other ones Dontknow.gif

No worries. I'm just curious about the housings for the lights & how they're mounted/installed. I'd like to light up the footwell in my cabin & the cupholder idea is really neat, but I'm not sure how to pull those off.

made a mad dash for the boat while the kid sleeps Thumbup.gif

photos5333_320x240.jpg swim deck

boatproject015.jpg rear leds

boatproject016.jpg close up

boatproject018.jpg above cup holders

Edited by my malibu
No worries. I'm just curious about the housings for the lights & how they're mounted/installed. I'd like to light up the footwell in my cabin & the cupholder idea is really neat, but I'm not sure how to pull those off.

crazy washington weather Tomato.gif

Nice, that's real clean. Where did you buy them? Did you install them yourself?

from superbright led I like that they are chrome with screw holes so you can mount them

the ones over the cup holders, front walkway things are mounted used 3m tape used for auto molding works well

I installed the whole set-up pretty easy

you can tap into the factory court. lights or (I'm a little anal) make you own wiring harness

I'm into about $200

$120 just for the swim deck

Tease2.gif god i love this one

Edited by my malibu

That stuff is like crack, once you start you can't stop. I've done my gunnels above the cupholders, festoon bulbs in the bow & walkthrough, & a strip of 5 leds in each corner rear vent (need to add more to make those vents brighter though). I like what you've done with the footwell, I might have to mimic that one.

That stuff is like crack, once you start you can't stop. I've done my gunnels above the cupholders, festoon bulbs in the bow & walkthrough, & a strip of 5 leds in each corner rear vent (need to add more to make those vents brighter though). I like what you've done with the footwell, I might have to mimic that one.

watch your rear vents I have already been warned this year about them $ 120 ticket

I know my wife cut me off

wanted cup holder rings

but at $24 each starts to add up

if she didn't stop me probably have twice as much but glad so stopped me

looks good now not over done Love.gif