Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

94 or 95 Echelon Wake for Wakeboarding???

nosocr

Does any one have comments about the 94 or 95 Malibu Echelon wake? I'm looking to purchase one very soon, but I want to make sure that the shape and size are good before I purchase; I am a wakeboarder. Any pics would be great too. Thanks to anyone that can speak from experience!

In the Tech/DIY section, it shows that the '94 and '95 Echelon have the V23 hull. The same hull as the Sunsetter. I obviously have a '95. With a wedge and some weight, you can get a pretty good size wake and good air.

post-144-1206774125_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95
In the Tech/DIY section, it shows that the '94 and '95 Echelon have the V23 hull. The same hull as the Sunsetter. I obviously have a '95. With a wedge and some weight, you can get a pretty good size wake and good air.

I agree! I had a 97 and it had the v23 hull as well and I used to get compliments all of the time on how nice the wake was for Wakeboarding.

I agree! I had a 97 and it had the v23 hull as well and I used to get compliments all of the time on how nice the wake was for Wakeboarding.

Same here. I've got a '98 Echelon wuth a wedge. You'll need to put some ballast in (I use a rear seat sac, I also have a bow sac I have yet to try). Good, clean wake. But don't asssume that it's gonna be a v-drive wake.

Beautiful!!! Thank you guys. I was thinking about adding a wedge to it as well, I think that's a definite now.

If anyone else has any pics, I would really appreciate seeing them. Thanks again for your comments; I knew malibu owners were the Chit just didn't know they had such a great forum to help all and future owners out!

Nosocr,

Where are you located? I'd be happy to let you try before you buy with my 98 Echelon with wedge and 250lb tank under the bow. It is really quite nice for the size of the boat. I honestly feel the best all around boat of it's day.

I was thinking about adding a wedge to it as well...

If you are planning on adding a wedge, make sure this year supports it. I do not know if the V23 hull has the transom reinforcement in all of the models around '94 and '95. Maybe one of the Admin's or Crew will chime in.

I was thinking about adding a wedge to it as well...

If you are planning on adding a wedge, make sure this year supports it. I do not know if the V23 hull has the transom reinforcement in all of the models around '94 and '95. Maybe one of the Admin's or Crew will chime in.

it'll definitely support it..

Malibu installed the wedge on my 93 without any hesitation.

NOSOCR.. I have my 93 ECHELON LX listed for sale on this site as well

Edited by G!!!!!!

Thanks Sethro, but I live in Cali...

I did the research before, and the 1994 and 1995 Echelon do support the wedge. That definitely put a smile on my face. I was riding behind a wakesetter the last 2 season so I was very spoiled with the wake. I just hope the Echlon wake, with the wedge and weight is enough.

Anyone have any comments regarding the wave it makes for wakesurfing? Thanks again everyone!

I did the research before, and the 1994 and 1995 Echelon do support the wedge. That definitely put a smile on my face. I was riding behind a wakesetter the last 2 season so I was very spoiled with the wake. I just hope the Echlon wake, with the wedge and weight is enough.

Anyone have any comments regarding the wave it makes for wakesurfing? Thanks again everyone!

where in Cali are you?

where in Cali are you?

Ya, let me know as well. Iam in sacto and will gladly give you a ride in my '98 Echelon with the wedge al mucho ballast. I'm in Sacto.

Thanks Sunsetter! I actually bought a 1994 Echelon yesterday. Now I got to get the wedge and some weight into it.

Any suggestion on what size bladder I should add and where??? I was thing about taking the back seat out and adding the bladder that doubles as a seat.

Thanks Sunsetter! I actually bought a 1994 Echelon yesterday. Now I got to get the wedge and some weight into it.

Any suggestion on what size bladder I should add and where??? I was thing about taking the back seat out and adding the bladder that doubles as a seat.

If so I would also put a sac in the ski locker to put some weight up front. A 360 will fit if it is like mine.

Right now we have 2-550's on each side of the engine and up a bit from the back seat, the 360 locker sac, and the wedge. We also put 4-6 people in the boat as well. From the pics, you can see that you can get some good air. Even without the sacs, the wake is pretty good. My son can still hit his tantrum and backroll.

I was thinking of going to a sac seat bottom to replace the std one. With it back further, it may not need to be as heavy as the 2-550's. Just thinking abut it for now.