Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need some help on some added weight

bofer84

Hey guys. i need some help with some weight in out 06 sunscape lsv. its a 21ft with the monsoon engine and the wedge. i know for a fact we have the factory fat sac that goes in the ski locker(not sure how heavy it is). I also have 2 V drive Twins that go in the rear lockers next to the engine. I dont fill them up all the way, so i would say they are around 300lbs each. I am wanting something to go in the walkway more towards the front of the boat. for somereason i feel like thats where its needed the most as hardly anybody really sits up there, and if i have 5-7 people with me, they are all in the back, so i need some weight to ballance it out up there. Any ideas on what would fit?? Im wanting to keep the front cushions in their place, so i guess it would have to go in the walkway??

Thanks

Bo

For years we've used the old Fly High 250's in the walkway.

They are long round and skinny and (not ez) but can be moved without draining.

But we were also adding 2 of the Launch Pad 440's in the bow.

So for ease and simplicity we've gone to the big ProX 1000 bow sack.

I put some of the those 40lb pop bags under the cushions up front. You can still sit up there and your'e a little higher up than you should be but it works well. I'm thinking of removing the whole front area, not the bottom but where your back would be if you're sitting in the nose looking backward. I think I can stuff most of my pop bags right in that cavity under the front lights. Not sure, but that's how I do it now. It works well in my VLX.

thinking i might go ahead and buy a straight line "big block" its about 150lbs and then buy 2 85lb blocks. This would give me 320lbs to play around with a move around the boat if necessary. Anybody have these and use them?

a friend of mine has those bricks and they're just the right size that you can still move them around when full. They weigh enough to make a difference in the wake too.

changed my mind. the-house has the regular 85lb blocks on sale right now. im going to just go ahead and buy 6. This way i get a total 510lbs to play around with, and it gives me the ultimate in movable weight.