Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge acctuators

When I pulled the boat out of the water i noticed that the wedge wasnt stored. on closer inspection both acctuators had broken out of the mounts. Has anyone experienced this problem?

When I pulled the boat out of the water i noticed that the wedge wasnt stored. on closer inspection both acctuators had broken out of the mounts. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Last summer I had the same situation. Both were broken at the plastic end. It fried me to find out you could only buy the actuators as a pair, and could not buy pieces. I was told so many different stories about how they were not repairable....etc. I could not believe i was going to have to spent the big bucks for two $10 plastic caps. My dealer and I worked out a deal as I proved to them that I didnt hit anything. Yahoo.gif

I was working on having aluminum ones machined. My plan was to use brass sheer pins for the fail point. Never completed the plan.

I don't know much about power wedges because I don't have one but, aren't the actuators nothing more than trim adjustment cylinders? Like these.

Awilco installed a power wedge on his Response, check it out here.

I guess what Im getting at is... Is it worth trying to get the dealer to fix them since its a brand new boat.

Heck ya! I would as long as you didn't hit anything or try to do 40mph with the wedge down.

No was using the factory settings for wakeboarding 20mph on cruise i cant see any damage to wedge. Im pretty sure I would have felt if i hit something... I dont know its a mystery

I have a buddy that has an 06 vlx and the same thing happened to him after 30 hours. The dealer took care of it right away and said that sometimes it happens.