Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacment parts

I am trying to find some replacement part numbers for my 1998 Response with a Monsoon 320 engine. Does anyone know if NAPA carries a oil pressure sending unit for this or a site where I can order one. The nearest dealer is 60 miles from me and i hate to drive there to get a $20 part. Also, my steering cable has gotten tight for the second time. Last time I had it replaced by the dealer, but is there something I can do to free it back up. If not, which teleflex cable is the replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AJ Gross

steering on my 97 gets stuck after sitting on the trailer. I thought I had a sticking cable from all the posts but when i disconnected the rudder it was the rudder sticking. I removed the rudder and took it apart replaced the grease fittings and cleaned and inspected and it seemed to be ok so i put it all back together and it still sticks. But after a few movements its free . May still need a cable but I think I will try it, but when I disconnected it while it was stuck it was very easy to turn with the wheel. Don't make no sense. I still think its in the rudder

I agree with bartman, steering cables should last for decades. On my salt water boat, the steering cable is still original and going on its 39th season. Still very easy to turn too. As for motor parts, remember it is a basic GM V-8 engine, and most auto parts store parts work. Starters, alternators, water pumps and freeze out plugs are the exception.

I am trying to find some replacement part numbers for my 1998 Response with a Monsoon 320 engine. Does anyone know if NAPA carries a oil pressure sending unit for this or a site where I can order one. The nearest dealer is 60 miles from me and i hate to drive there to get a $20 part. Also, my steering cable has gotten tight for the second time. Last time I had it replaced by the dealer, but is there something I can do to free it back up. If not, which teleflex cable is the replacement?

AJ Gross

Before you replace the sending unit, make sure all your wiring checks out. Oil pressure sending units usually have long life.

I agree with bartman, steering cables should last for decades. On my salt water boat, the steering cable is still original and going on its 39th season. Still very easy to turn too. As for motor parts, remember it is a basic GM V-8 engine, and most auto parts store parts work. Starters, alternators, water pumps and freeze out plugs are the exception.

I had to replace my cable after 4 yrs. I have taken on water from the shower being on and some leaked into the cable making go out sooner. Do look at the rudder for ease of turning after removing cable.

cable parts

Marine parts

more parts

WWWskidim.com Best people for inboard parts. Discount Inboard Marine, these guys can help. Also steering cable replacement is common on inboards 5 or 6 years Dontknow.gif

WWWskidim.com Best people for inboard parts. Discount Inboard Marine, these guys can help. Also steering cable replacement is common on inboards 5 or 6 years Dontknow.gif

Are they not one in the same Whistling.gif

AJ Gross

Before you replace the sending unit, make sure all your wiring checks out. Oil pressure sending units usually have long life.

I had to replace the oil pressure sender on my 99 RLX, Monsoon in 1999! I think at the time it was a fairly well known issue that was causing the "bouncing oil pressure gauge." Got the part from Discount Inboard Marine.

Deke

I agree with bartman, steering cables should last for decades...

No.gif Not if you submerge them. :Doh:

If you ever get enough water in your boat that the end of the cable goes under Whistling.gif you can expect the cable to get sticky during the next layup period. Yes.gif The cable corrodes once it sits for a while with moisture inside the jacket.

I’m thinking I’ve been running a fever lately because Mike and I have been agree on way to many things. Shocking.gif

Is he coming down to my level or am I moving up in the world. Dontknow.gif

Is he coming down to my level or am I moving up in the world. Dontknow.gif

You're getting smarter from hanging around me. :blush:

:lol:

Pre-emptive Strike = SHUT-UP JACK!!