Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New registration boat numbers

Monk

OK we have transfered our boat registration/title to a different state from Ohio to Tennessee. We now need new numbers for the boat. I have tried a site search with no luck. Of all the web sites I have found I like the domed numbers the best. Has anyone found a different style or type of boat registration number from another source other than domed? Next with all the different types of font's how does one pick one. We would like to pick something that will fit with an older boat but still have some style. It has been a few years since we have had to go through this process. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you Crew...This site has been of great help already and I have only been a member for a short period of time. Thanks for all the help.

Monk.

My dealer put them on my boat and they match perfectly to the color scheme. So well in fact I have to belive they were made specially for Malibu. You may want to contact them to see if they could help: www.mninboard.com.

Look in the phone book under signs... most any shop can do vinyl lettering for a reasonable price... I got mine for less than $20 in a nice looking brushed aluminum. I've had mine less than a year so I don't know how they will stand up. The previous owner had domed numbers on it and it looked fantastic, I just couldn't justify the $$. Here is a pic of mine....

Regs.jpg

Jared

I have a '93 that says Malibu Echelon down the side of my boat. I pulled it to a vinyl graphics shop and had them match the font and match a gray stripe on my hull side and cut the registration numbers. All said and done it cost me less then $30 to have custom vinyl decals made.

from what I understand, domed numbers makes the logos that come standard on the Malibu boats. Therefore, I would think they should be able to match font, style, colors etc...

Thanks everyone for your help. Going with the Domed numbers. Malibudue pointed out the crew discount, the price is not so bad. We will give them a try. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Monk

Edited by Monk
Domed is the way to go. I'll be getting my third set for this boat to my door by next week. Don't ask why I needed 3 sets...

OK Cough it up. You can't leave us hanging... inquiring minds want to know.

Which is it

- you like to run into docks, and scrape up the numbers?

- can't decide on colors?

- forget to renew your registration on a regular basis?

- had 666 in the number, and had to get rid of it, twice!?

- kids in your neighborhood are peeling them off and wearing them on gold chains?

- you needed them to match your (fill in the blank - surfboard, waterski, rope, trailer)?

- put them on in the wrong order?

- ordered the wrong tag number?

- didn't like the first two font styles?

- your dog ate them?

- none of the above? Whistling.gif

I am out of ideas

...with all the different types of font's how does one pick one...

IIRC the font is Sans Serif (in italics). I've seen it called Serpentine San Serif as well. Domed Numbers will know what font matches, they should, they've done enough sets for our members to offer us a discount. :lol:

Oh and Welcome.gif

...with all the different types of font's how does one pick one...
IIRC the font is Sans Serif (in italics)...
Prototype italics is what most people end up ordering from Domed.

OK. IGIDRC... Biggrin.gif

(I Guess I Don't Recall Correctly) :lol:

Sans & Serpentine Sans are close & are sometimes used in other applications, but looking at Domed's page they don't use any of the Sans fonts (Serpentine bold is used, but it's not as close as Prototype). Keep in mind that Malibu uses a custom font, so an exact match isn't possible. I've found that Prototype is close enough to fool the eye.

Domed is the way to go. I'll be getting my third set for this boat to my door by next week. Don't ask why I needed 3 sets...

OK Cough it up. You can't leave us hanging... inquiring minds want to know.

Which is it

- you like to run into docks, and scrape up the numbers?

- can't decide on colors?

- forget to renew your registration on a regular basis?

- had 666 in the number, and had to get rid of it, twice!?

- kids in your neighborhood are peeling them off and wearing them on gold chains?

- you needed them to match your (fill in the blank - surfboard, waterski, rope, trailer)?

- put them on in the wrong order?

- ordered the wrong tag number?

- didn't like the first two font styles?

- your dog ate them?

- none of the above? Whistling.gif

I am out of ideas

I wish they were as exciting as all of that :)

First set was shipped off to my door only to be lost in Portland somewhere. I guess someone needed them more than I did.

Second set was shipped and received, but wasn't anywhere near the color I thought they would be.

Shelly with Domed decided to send me some color samples to help me decide on which color I would need. Well, the samples never showed up. Emailed her again and she shipped them via Fedex. They showed up just fine. Well.... they disappeared from my house before I was able to compare them with my boat! Another email to Shelly and another set of samples were on their way. Finally I was able to compare the samples with the boat and just last week I recieved the numbers. They look AWESOME!!! I haven't put them on yet, so maybe these will decide to grow legs and disappear too!

BTW... This all started back on July 27th of 2007!!!!!!

OK I've contacted Domed Numbers like 5 times today, 5 yesterday and 3 on Monday. They keep forwarding me to Shelly, who never picks up. I've also tried talking to Eric without success. I've left a message each day. What elso is there to do????