Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

minnesota weather

Arctic Slalom

thought this would make some of you laugh:

http://climate.umn.edu/pdf/frost_dates/spr..._free_dates.pdf Rockon.gif

read the fifth sentence of this link:

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/ice_out_historical.htm

doesn't that sound kinda sketchy?

looks like typical ice-off for me (central MN) is about april 13th.

Edited by Arctic Slalom
MalibuNation
thought this would make some of you laugh:

<a href="http://climate.umn.edu/pdf/frost_dates/spr..._free_dates.pdf" target="_blank">http://climate.umn.edu/pdf/frost_dates/spr..._free_dates.pdf</a> Rockon.gif

read the fifth sentence of this link:

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/ice_out_historical.htm

doesn't that sound kinda sketchy?

looks like typical ice-off for me (central MN) is about april 13th.

Gawd, I thought it was bad this year here. I've recently posted that in the 16 years I've been at my lake house the lake has completely opened up in March, not even close this year - a first. All long term forcast show below normal temps Cry.gif

When do the lakes start to freeze over there ... June Biggrin.gif

Yahoo.gif I took a ride up to the north end of our lake yesterday. Mid Mich. I see water the lake is not open but we have a Chanel of water down the lake. Its about 1 mile from my house Clap.gif. If the past holds true the lake should be open in two weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!! This has been a cold winter. Lots of snow I had to put the plow back on the Honda two days ago we got 3" of sh## ops I meant snow. Last year the docks and lifts were in March 17, but that is the earliest I have ever got in. I still say global warming my be a good thing.
We are ice off in Massachusetts now and I am thinking about putting my boat in. The water is very cold though.

Yea! We've got another week or so before we'll put our boat in. Gotta make sure all the chunks are completely melted. Where in MA are you??

MalibuNation
Yahoo.gif I took a ride up to the north end of our lake yesterday. Mid Mich. I see water the lake is not open but we have a Chanel of water down the lake. Its about 1 mile from my house Clap.gif. If the past holds true the lake should be open in two weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!! This has been a cold winter. Lots of snow I had to put the plow back on the Honda two days ago we got 3" of sh## ops I meant snow. Last year the docks and lifts were in March 17, but that is the earliest I have ever got in. I still say global warming my be a good thing.

Can we speed up the process, dynamite ... crane/wrecking ball, helicopter with a winch and wrecking ball?

Edited by jchooper
We are ice off in Massachusetts now and I am thinking about putting my boat in. The water is very cold though.

I noticed the middle looked pretty clear the other day. Good to hear, Chef. My good stick is in the boathouse in NH and I can't get there for a while. I have an old Stiletto here, but no vest, gloves, rope. Gimme a holler if you need a driver or a third. I'm around a few corners from you most of the time. The Big Lake is still socked in pretty hard, I'd say about 3 weeks to go for ice out.

Chadwick - go east, young man. Take a ride on the Pike through Framingham to Natick. The water you can see from the Pike is the fabulous Lake Cochituate. Have to navigate over to the south lake for skiing due to speed restrictions on the middle & north lakes. I haven't been there for a few years, tho'. Our water spot is 120 miles north these days, but we live in MA too...

Yea! We've got another week or so before we'll put our boat in. Gotta make sure all the chunks are completely melted. Where in MA are you??

I am in Natick on Lake Cochituate.

I noticed the middle looked pretty clear the other day. Good to hear, Chef. My good stick is in the boathouse in NH and I can't get there for a while. I have an old Stiletto here, but no vest, gloves, rope. Gimme a holler if you need a driver or a third. I'm around a few corners from you most of the time. The Big Lake is still socked in pretty hard, I'd say about 3 weeks to go for ice out.

Chadwick - go east, young man. Take a ride on the Pike through Framingham to Natick. The water you can see from the Pike is the fabulous Lake Cochituate. Have to navigate over to the south lake for skiing due to speed restrictions on the middle & north lakes. I haven't been there for a few years, tho'. Our water spot is 120 miles north these days, but we live in MA too...

Tory,

I will give you a shout sometime and give you a pull. I have a 70" Monza and a 68.5" D3X5 here so we could fix you up for a ski if you are a big guy. Vests, gloves and rope are no problem.

Tory,

I will give you a shout sometime and give you a pull. I have a 70" Monza and a 68.5" D3X5 here so we could fix you up for a ski if you are a big guy. Vests, gloves and rope are no problem.

Cool, thanks Mark. Thumbup.gif I have my old one here but yours are probably better. 6'1", 200; not small... Don't recall the size of the HO. The Stiletto is a 68"

I was out to camp yesterday and saw my neighbors were ice fishing. I went over to take a look and found that we still have 14-15 inches of ice! Cry.gif Its not real good hard ice, but still gotta be 2-3 weeks before its gone, at least! We need some hot rain for like a week straight. Badmood.gif

MalibuNation
I was out to camp yesterday and saw my neighbors were ice fishing. I went over to take a look and found that we still have 14-15 inches of ice! Cry.gif Its not real good hard ice, but still gotta be 2-3 weeks before its gone, at least! We need some hot rain for like a week straight. Badmood.gif

Heard peeper frogs yesterday ... my favorite and last sign of spring. Funny thing is my lake is still 90% ice ... looks like warmth and rain this week will do a number on the ice.

Edited by jchooper

i drove over to the pond yesterday.

figured if i just glared at it long enough it would help thaw it.

skunks are starting to litter the roads and the ice fisherman are staring to get rescued from lake st. clare.

gotta be getting close.