Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Skid Rollers

dendog

What and where are people getting trailer skid rollers for the Boatmate trailers? I have a 247LSV and am tired of the drag. Help! Thanks in advance for the advice and comments

What and where are people getting trailer skid rollers for the Boatmate trailers? I have a 247LSV and am tired of the drag. Help! Thanks in advance for the advice and comments

Are you looking for rollers that the boat will sit on, or rollers for the trailer under the prop guard?

Are you looking for rollers that the boat will sit on, or rollers for the trailer under the prop guard?

I am looking for the rollers for under the prop guard. Thank you for helping me to clarify exactly what I am looking for.

I would think that any trailer manufacturer would have a wheel kit that would work.

Trailers By Dorsey has a wheel kit and a roller kit available (wheel kits put one wheel on each side of your existing prop guard and a roller kit replaces the crossbar of the prop guard with a roller). Either way you're probably looking at something that a welding shop will have to do for you and then the trailer will need to be repainted at the welds.

here's my thread on the topic for my Sportboat trailer.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....ost&p=20822

The photos aren't showing in that thread and I can't access them from my attachments. Maybe the thread is too old? :unsure: . Of course, I don't have them on this computer AND my boat is down in Merced getting some work done.

The quick summary is that I had L brackets made at a local shop for my Paktron steel rollers and then painted them. I just bolted the brackets to the trailer.

The Paktron rollers were nice, but they were starting to dig up my drive because I had to pivot the trailer pretty hard while backing down the drive. I switched to nylon rollers and they are holding up fine.

EDIT: Fixed link

Edited by Addictedto6
This is a stupid question:

What do these rollers do? What do you mean you're tired of the drag?

Sorry, novice here.

They keep the prop guard from dragging on drives, roads, etc when you have changes in grade.