Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

There is hope.....

spinxt

70 degree??!?!?! Man, the first day that it hits 40 (and sunny) and the there is no ice in the lake, we'll be out!! It happened the last weekend in march of last year, but given the weather and temps, its probably gona be into the first week of April this year... Thumbup.gif n

70 degree??!?!?! Man, the first day that it hits 40 (and sunny) and the there is no ice in the lake, we'll be out!! It happened the last weekend in march of last year, but given the weather and temps, its probably gona be into the first week of April this year... Thumbup.gif n

Unfortunately my boat is not stored in a garage. I have an outdoor car port that I keep it in during the winter. Given this late cold snap, I'm pushing of de-winterizing it for a few weeks just to make sure we don't get back into the 20's. (the low on Saturday is supposed to be around 28 in my area).

Any typically we use the 100 degree rule......river temp is around 41 right now, so I guess a 59 degree day would do us justice.

Edited by spinxt

Means time to go to the Lake Yahoo.gif

What this 100 degree run... I can see you are adding up the water and air... but what does it mean to you?

Excatly. I normally find there is a opening just as the ice is gone and before the initial big flood of crap in the water comes through (the big flood)... .usually lasts about 5 to 10 days. If we are lucky we get a few runs in then, then have to wait for all the garbage to float away before we can get back in (or chance hitting stuff). More like 45/50 starting temp. Don't see 70 for a long time yet.

I caught this flower poking up in my yard....Notice the bu' in the background ready to go in case a 70 degree day sneaks up on us Whistling.gif

0326081902a.jpg

Big deal, we have those plastic flowers at the dollar store too...

I've got some coming up , I think they're probably snow crocus bulbs but just the green sprouts are seeking sun. That's good news, the bad is that it's snowing again. Might as well go for the all time Milwaukee record...no point in having the 2nd snowiest season ever, that's just weak

Broke record here, over 4 meters of snow this winter... and counting. At the cottage, we could actually get on the roof without a ladder!

we're sitting around 100" which is about 2.5 meters...that's a lot for South East Wisconsin. When i was in college in Northern Minnesota, we used to jump out the 2nd floor window of our townhouse into the snow that was chest high. You'd get pretty stuck and have to wiggle your way out and back in for another round. I'm glad we don't get that down here.

We just got another 2" this morning. Brings our total for the year to 75". And I guess we have another storm coming in tonite.

I was going to pull the boat out of storage on Sunday. Looks like I'm going to be waiting now.

We had like 0" of snow this year. I think technically we had like 5" inches or so, but even that was usually washed away when the storms changed to rain before they ended. It was cold, just not a lot of frozen precip.

The other thing we have to wait for is the Delaware River to return to normal levels. We've had a rediculous amount of rain in early March. The river is up 5 feet at the ramp where we launch....locals say with every 1 ft of water rise, the river current picks up 2mph......it's nasty out there now. Cry.gif

I caught this flower poking up in my yard....Notice the bu' in the background ready to go in case a 70 degree day sneaks up on us Whistling.gif

0326081902a.jpg

Big deal, we have those plastic flowers at the dollar store too...

Do they have the BU's also?