Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1998 response lx

fitzee

What type of things are you talking about? Maintenance? Modifications? I have a 2000 RLX and one of my ski buddies has a 1999. We have not had ANY major problems to report. My boat has around 250hrs on it (barely broken in from what I've heard on this site). My buddy's has around 400 hrs. They are awesome boats for the slalom skier/ barefooter/ recreational wakeboarder. I love mine. About the only thing I'd give it up for is an 04-06 RLXi (a bit more family friendly).

Just keep ie well maintained and it will last a long, long time. Thumbup.gif

Now if I could just get mother nature to do some maintenance on the weather here in the northeast, I could actually de-winterize it and get some early season skiing in Mad.gif

If you have any other questions, PM me or leave a reply here and I'll be glad to help out.

-Chris-

I ski behind a 98 Response LX and it skis and drives very similarly to my 2003 LX. There is no locker in the back on 98 but it is a great boat to ski behind.

Nothing I think you need to worry about.