Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water leaking into vdrive oil

The boat has held quite a bit of water above the dipstick for the v drive. I have drainedthe oil twice and i am still getting milky oil instantly anybody else have this problem.

Edited by cfblake
The boat has held quite a bit of water above the dipstick for the v drive. I have drainedthe oil twice and i am still getting milky oil instantly anybody else have this problem.

Dang!! You have had water OVER the v-drive dipstick???? That's not good.....at that level it probably invaded the starter on the engine too. I assume this is not a recurring problem. I hope that your v-drive is not damaged. You have to get all the contaminated fluid out - keep on adding oil and draining it until you no longer have milky fluid, however long it takes. If you have not run it, it is probably ok, but keep an eye on it.

Water in the gear box oil is not as bad as water in the engine oil. Do as stated above and replace the oil as many times as it takes to get all the water out. I highly doubt you did any damage to the v-drive unit.

Do the same for the tranny, if you got water in the vdrive, it is in the tranny too.

Agreed, water in both the v-drive and the tranny. Also may want to drain the engine the oil and replace. I'm gonna go ahead and say that if you had water that deep in your boat, you'll probably be wise to just go ahead and have the starter and alternator rebuilt too. Then, w/i 6 mos you're going to be looking at replacing a steering cable as well. You should be fine after all this b/c a guy I know Whistling.gif once had the same sort of thing happen to him Cry.gif