Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yard Art

smooth as glass

post-155-1206474337_thumb.jpgHello everyone! Been away awhile, lost my dog , my wife and mother in last year. But gettin back on the stick and doin O.K........ Thought I'd share one of many projects to keep busy. Thanks to lxirod for the sticker that inspired this. Always wanted a bronze piece of art, so wrapped some copper foil round some plywood and in a month or so it'll oxidize and welcome anyone near and far to our passion! It points to the path to the dock.

I totally dig it. Do you know where the emblem came from? About 10 years ago, one of my fellow Chico State waterski teammembers gave me a couple of T-shirts with this exact emblem on it. I think it was from one of his buddy's start-up company called "Hedonic". Anyone know? (perhaps it's a common logo that he used??) No biggie. (Hope I'm not stealing the thread.)

Looks awesome!! I wish i were that creative - something like that would look awesome in my yard!!

Sorry to hear about the last year...

SAG, Sorry to hear about your losses. :( That makes for a tough year. Glad to have you back here.

The yard art looks very cool. I may have to copy you. :)

SAG, Sorry to hear about your losses. :( That makes for a tough year. Glad to have you back here.

The yard art looks very cool. I may have to copy you. :)

Plus1.gif Sorry to hear that. Great looking art, what size is it and did you make it your self?

I totally dig it. Do you know where the emblem came from? About 10 years ago, one of my fellow Chico State waterski teammembers gave me a couple of T-shirts with this exact emblem on it. I think it was from one of his buddy's start-up company called "Hedonic". Anyone know? (perhaps it's a common logo that he used??) No biggie. (Hope I'm not stealing the thread.)

I too am so sorry to hear of your trials. my heart goes out to you.

Thanx gents.... and yes, did make it from a 4x8 sheet of plywood... all 8 ft and as I said wrapped in copper foil with soldered seams held upright by 1-1/4 pipe with a small bracket from the free extended hand to lend support to the long "spray". PM lxirod...... he may have some of the decals left.