Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Emily Clothier Passes

burep

I would imagine many of you know Steve Clothier, our West Coast Sales Rep. You may know him personally or met him at a show. I thought I would post this up so you could keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I copied this from Wake World.

Malibu Rep's Daughter Dies In Ski Accident

Date: 3/24/08

Author: David Williams

Emily Clothier, the 14-year-old daughter of west coast Malibu Boats rep, Steve Clothier, died Thursday after a snow ski accident in Lake Tahoe.

Emily was a competitive ski racer and was practicing with her coach when she veered off the trail and hit a tree. She was wearing a helmet and was treated at the scene and then flown to Barton Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Emily was a freshman at South Tahoe High and was a member of the school's ski team. She helped the team to a second-place finish at the NIAA State Skiing Championships earlier this month at Mount Rose. She also was a key runner on the freshman cross-country team, helping the Vikings to a ninth-place finish at the Woodbridge Invitational last September.

Emily Clothier is survived by her parents, Steve and Patti, and her sister, 10-year-old Mikaela. Emily's Memorial will be held Friday, March 28th at 6:00 pm at Sierra Community Church in S.L. Tahoe. In lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted to benefit the “Emily Clothier Memorial Fund.” Please make checks payable to “Bank of the West” and write “Emily Clothier Memorial Fund” in the memo field. Proceeds will be used to perpetuate the future development of junior ski racing in South Lake Tahoe. Bank of the West’s mailing address is 2161 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.

If you've been to a boat show or Malibu event on the west coast, you've most likely met the very friendly Steve Clothier. Our prayers go out to the entire Clothier family.

my heart goes out to the family and friends I know that pain all to well. sometimes lifes not fair. prayers will be said and a donation from the george martin memorial fund has been sent.