Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'06 RLXi

kknudsen12

Unfortunately, the boat is 12 hours away from us. If we were to go look at the boat, we basically want to know beforehand that we are going to buy it. I guess we'll try get some more information on how the boat was cared for and driven, as that might help make our decision.

Have the seller take it to a dealership for an inspection, or hire a local marine surveyor. A dealer will usually only charge a couple hundred bucks, but if you want the boat and some piece of mind its well worth it.

Just to clarify, the boat is actually being sold by a dealer. It was traded in by the ski club. I think the dealer was planning to do a compression check and hook it up to the computer for me, but I'll have to call again as I haven't heard anything.

The boat is located in Indianapolis. Anyone live there?

Just to clarify, the boat is actually being sold by a dealer. It was traded in by the ski club. I think the dealer was planning to do a compression check and hook it up to the computer for me, but I'll have to call again as I haven't heard anything.

I live about hour north of Indy. Where is it located in Indy?

See if you can find out what Ski Team owned it. I may know them or of them.

Edited by areamike

The boat is at N3 Boatworks. n3boatworks.com

I'm working on getting the name of the club. Or better yet, maybe one of the club members is on the forum and could give me first-hand information?

Think rental car...

When I think rental car, I think about that Grand Marquis after dinner at Wildfire Rockon.gif

Now that was a great meal...and an even better time in the rental car :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on talking to the previous owner, but the boat belonged to Kokomo Water Ski Team. Do you know of them, Areamike?

I'm still working on talking to the previous owner, but the boat belonged to Kokomo Water Ski Team. Do you know of them, Areamike?

I've heard of them but do not know much about them. Kokomo is about an hour from me.

Okay, here's the scoop. The club has about 15 members/families, each of which pays dues to purchase the boat. The boat was titled under a personal business, not the club itself. It sat on a covered lift on a private ski lake, and was apparently taken out by members pretty much at their leisure and used for three-event skiing. Evidently, the members of the club are all 35+, so it shouldn't have been driven by young, crazy people (and hopefully not by older, crazy people!). Oil and oil filter were changed every 50 hours.

Should I be concerned about the multiple drivers, even if they all should have been older and more responsible (I'm generalizing, here), and had a vested interest in the boat (pay ~$2000/year for their part of it)?