Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Gauge

My power wedge goes up and down but the gauge doesn't move. It does cycle when I turn the key on but doesn't move when I move the wedge.

Any ideas?

My power wedge goes up and down but the gauge doesn't move. It does cycle when I turn the key on but doesn't move when I move the wedge.

Any ideas?

mmm....not a solution for you, but my new boat did the same thing. Dealer made me leave it with them to fix. Mumbled something about "calibration"....sorry I can't help....maybe it helps if someone else out there is "feelin' your pain"...kidding. Wish I could tell you to do something other than warranty work, but they need to fix this for you.

Pull the switch and see if all the wires are hooked up, it would be really easy to say "oh, you had a wire off" but that could be the first thing to check. The next thing would be to check and make sure the gauge works, ground it out and see if the needle moves Thumbup.gif [you can do it, "you can do it all night long"] (LOL)

I'm having the same problem on my 2007 VTX. It started out reading half way down all the time, and now it reads fully down. I can't get to the back of the gauge without taking apart the whole dash. I guess I will bring mine into the dealer to fix it.

Any ideas?

Is it an 08? I am having the same problem. There is a calibration that has to be done each time the battery is disconnected or turned off. Only takes a minute. BUT, that did not fix mine. I understand that Malibu is working on a fix for thie problem.

Dealer tells me simple calibration problem. On cruise control panel there is a "service function"(?)...wedge callibration. Put the wedge all up (stowed) and hit the up calibration, and then put it down and do the down calibration, and this is supposed to fix it. I haven't seen this myself, but this is how he described it over the phone...give it a go!

Dealer tells me simple calibration problem. On cruise control panel there is a "service function"(?)...wedge callibration. Put the wedge all up (stowed) and hit the up calibration, and then put it down and do the down calibration, and this is supposed to fix it. I haven't seen this myself, but this is how he described it over the phone...give it a go!

That is how it is suppose to work! Mine doesn't work after calibration.

• 1 year later...

My '08 23XTI is having similar problems, wedge stuck in down position, the shop told me there is a simpler calibration

procedure to the manual but he hasn't emailed it to me yet, I'll re-post if it makes better sense

My '08 23XTI is having similar problems, wedge stuck in down position, the shop told me there is a simpler calibration

procedure to the manual but he hasn't emailed it to me yet, I'll re-post if it makes better sense

Is your wedge actually all the way down?

The calibration procedure is easy to do, but it is also easy to mess up and not get it calibrated. The 2008 Make It Right campaign replaced the sensor (at the wedge) and may have had a software change, not sure, but it is supposeed to be more exact now and the gauge is supposed to follow along with the wedge position (instead of arriving at its position after you already moved the wedge). I have not had it out since the update. So, if it's not calibration, and not lose wires or bad grounding, maybe you need a new sensor at the wedge. Also check to make sure you aren't having any problems with the bolts /alignment. That would surely provide incorrect readings.

• 1 year later...

My wedge would not go down today. I heard a pop and then the gauge showed all the way down but the wedge was fully up. The 30 amp fuse under the dash was blown. Replaced it and it blows over and over. Can imagine what would be wrong??? Anyone have ideas?

Sorry guys, I am probably asking the same question being asked above - I just replaced my battery and when I turn the key to check guages the dash is beeping loudly and my wedge guage is fluctuating up and down.

I can't get my main screen to come up in order to follow the calibration steps previously posted. BTW - I have a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV.

My boat is my baby so if there is anything you guys can add that would be much appreciated!

Sorry guys, I am probably asking the same question being asked above - I just replaced my battery and when I turn the key to check guages the dash is beeping loudly and my wedge guage is fluctuating up and down.

I can't get my main screen to come up in order to follow the calibration steps previously posted. BTW - I have a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV.

My boat is my baby so if there is anything you guys can add that would be much appreciated!

I realize that you have probably already thought of these things but I just thought I would check. 1) make certain your new battery is fully charged. Low voltage can be a real problem. 2) turn your main power switch off and wait a moment then turn it back on. This will reset your entire electrical system.

I had a similar problem when I installed my two battery setup and the new batteries were not charged.

I realize that you have probably already thought of these things but I just thought I would check. 1) make certain your new battery is fully charged. Low voltage can be a real problem. 2) turn your main power switch off and wait a moment then turn it back on. This will reset your entire electrical system.

I had a similar problem when I installed my two battery setup and the new batteries were not charged.

By main power switch do you mean the control unit that allows you select battery 1, battery 2, or battery 1+2?

• 10 years later...

Can someone explain to me about why must the wedge be calibrated every single time thr battery is shut off?

Our dash does not show the position either on where the wedge is. Its a 2008 LSV 23 wakesetter.

Can someone help in regards to the position of the wedge showing up on the dash?

Also the right ballast is not showing  on the dash on the water level.

2008 LSV23 Wakesetter. - Would love to maybe call and get some support,  but can not find a phone number. 

I found this info on the Bakes site a few years back and had to do this to get my wedge to properly display the position on the gage.  I have rebuilt my sensors several times since then and am very careful not to adjust the sensor.

Issue 1: Calibration of the Power Wedge> Must be calibrated for system to operate correctly
o Verify the wedge foil is adjusted correctly so that the tips of the wedge foil are level with the top of the transom bracket.
o Start by lowering the wedge all the way down. Hit the button a few times to make sure it’s all the way down.
o Now enter the set up screen, then into the Wedge Calibration screen. With the wedge all the way down, the top number (A-D) must be in the correct range of 10-30. With a higher number here, the Mali-view system will not accept the calibration. (Note: this value will lower as the voltage increases when the engine is running).
o As long as the top number (A-D) is with in the range of 10-30 counts when the wedge is all the way down position, you are OK to press enter to calibrate the down position. If the top number (A-D) is not with in this range, you will need to loosen the screws on the sensor and rotate it to get the A-D in the correct range. You may need to remove the sensor and rotate the hex axle a bit in order to get the hex axle to line up in the proper range.
o Once you have the sensor in the correct position and tightened down with the AD in the 10-30 counts range with the wedge all the way down, you can now push the enter button to calibrate the down position.
o Once you have calibrated the down position the system will tell you to raise the wedge to the up position, you will need to simulate a boat speed between 1-9.9 MPH. you must spin the paddle wheel first, and then push the “up” button.
o Once you have the wedge all the way up, push the enter button to calibrate the up position.
o Now would be a good time to test and verify that the sensor is operating as it should and to verify that the bolt that the sensor is connected to can’t rock or move. Drop the wedge all the way down; is the A-D value the same as it was before you cycled it up & down? As long as the A-D value is with in 5 counts of the original value, the system is working as it should. If the value is very different, you could have a bolt that is too loose or you have a defective sensor.

It took me several times trying this before it finally took.