Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

one more time.. best mooring cover for the money...

pinsmeister

I've been reviewing the site, but keep coming up without a definitive best option. We have a 1998 Sportster which spends it's time outside, (in the lake, or in uncovered storage). I don't need a trailerable cover, but would like a good quality cover that's easy on/off, doesn't pool with water, and will help protect the boat from the elements. Thanks for your suggestions on where to buy, and if buying through the dealer for $650 is the best way to go or not. I've heard Sunbrella, but there are lots of people who make Sunbrella covers, and I can't tell who makes them well. Riken seems to take 8 weeks... Any advice? Thanks!

Several years ago, I ordered the "top of the line" cover out of Overtons. It fit perfect & looked like the Malibu stamped ones from the dealer. That boat had no tower, so I didn't have to worry about those cutouts & we didn't use it for trailering either. Get the pole kit to prevent the water pooling. I dont think any can be tight enough to prevent pooling without it.

Several years ago, I ordered the "top of the line" cover out of Overtons. It fit perfect & looked like the Malibu stamped ones from the dealer. That boat had no tower, so I didn't have to worry about those cutouts & we didn't use it for trailering either. Get the pole kit to prevent the water pooling. I dont think any can be tight enough to prevent pooling without it.

Talk to Erik Tinus at Tinusmarine.com

He had some factory covers on Ebay - left overs from upgrades. They are Sunbrella & factory fitted with logos on them.

I just got one for a diaper when it sits overnite outside. - 150.00. Nice price for a factory Sunbrella cover

Steve

Talk to Cory at Evolution Covers, he got me my cover in about a week. I was very happy with it when it came, it looked and fit great. Unless you never plan on trailering, it is a great investment to have a travel cover for the boat.