Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX Carpet Saver

Matt_Alger

I ordered a carpet saver for my VTX and the fit is terrible. The hole for the Table is 3" off center and the carpet doesn't fit in the walkthrough (carpet is too wide). Malibu gave my dealer the answer that Tennessee and California boat production differences can account for this as the Carpet Savers were all cut based on California production.... A scary thought that the 2 plants can be that far off on production!! I was also told that if I ordered another carpet saver it would "fit" the same as the one that I had.

Does anyone have a VTX made in Tennesse with the carpet saver and if so, how well does the Carpet Saver fit?

Any suggestions on how to resolve? My only options are to accept it as is (looks like a 5 year old cut the carpet) or return it and refund the cost of the carpet saver.

I ordered a carpet saver for my VTX and the fit is terrible. The hole for the Table is 3" off center and the carpet doesn't fit in the walkthrough (carpet is too wide). Malibu gave my dealer the answer that Tennessee and California boat production differences can account for this as the Carpet Savers were all cut based on California production.... A scary thought that the 2 plants can be that far off on production!! I was also told that if I ordered another carpet saver it would "fit" the same as the one that I had.

Does anyone have a VTX made in Tennesse with the carpet saver and if so, how well does the Carpet Saver fit?

Any suggestions on how to resolve? My only options are to accept it as is (looks like a 5 year old cut the carpet) or return it and refund the cost of the carpet saver.

We're in WA and I assume our boat was built in California. Our carpet saver fits nicely. I agree that it's scary to thinks the specs are off that much. Let me know if you need any other info or measurements from us.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but about how much do the carpet savers run? I have an 07 Sunscape LSV 21 and would love to have one in my boat.

I was told that all of the carpet savers are cut from the same template so they will be identically mis-cut. However, since I do want a carpet saver, would you suggest that I order another one and simply hope that it is cut significantly better?

The supplier that I was given is R&R textiles (www.rrtextiles.com/). They have production facilities in Portland, OR and Eton, GA. I'm not sure if the Eton, GA team is drinking wiskey before work or if they all come out of Portland, OR.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but about how much do the carpet savers run? I have an 07 Sunscape LSV 21 and would love to have one in my boat.

Same question. Any idea about how much for a carpet saver? Even a wild guess would help.

I have an 07 23 LSV

call customer service at the merced ca plant. tn customer service is a joke, they were building 08 lsv for 6 months and customer service didnt know they were differant then an 07 lsv, they never had sent rr textels a pattern. if it does not fit in the walkway it is the wrong one. calf can get it right.

they table hole will just about always be off a little. the carpet saver will be right on the hole , it is the bolt they drill differant on every one.

eye ball job

Same question. Any idea about how much for a carpet saver? Even a wild guess would help.

I have an 07 23 LSV

Just realized there is a thread that covers the possible costs:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=12340

Same problem here.... Mine does not fit either. I didn't even notice whether or not the hole for the table lined up. I was too distracted by the carpet climbing the walkway. I told my dealer about it... they gave me back my money. They said there was no use ordering another because it would fit identical to the one I already had. I believe the outfit that manufactured my carpet was in CT but not entirely certain.

I have an 07 23 LSV

Just realized there is a thread that covers the possible costs:

<a href="http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12340" target="_blank">http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=12340</a>

I did not look at that thread, but there was a discussion a few months ago and one option is to make a template of your boat and send it in to be made from your template. Hard to go wrong with that one.

I orderd some carpet from Overton's, cut it myself and went to lowes, grabbed some shower rubber flooring for backing. Took it into a local upholstery shop and had them sew a boarder, install snaps and it works perfect. Cost me about $130.00. Cant beat that.