Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cold Temps

Marvin Gardens

Put my new to me Bu in last weekend. This weekend was beautiful, sunny and in the 60's. Got out for a nice cruise on Saturday. Forecast is showing low tonight of 29 and low tomorrow night of 26. Daytime is 48 tomorrow. No temps forecasted below 35 for rest if spring. Boat is on a lift, in a covered slip, and has boat cover on it. Should I panic about the low of 26 tomorrow night, or am I okay since it should be very little actual time below freezing?

Put my new to me Bu in last weekend. This weekend was beautiful, sunny and in the 60's. Got out for a nice cruise on Saturday. Forecast is showing low tonight of 29 and low tomorrow night of 26. Daytime is 48 tomorrow. No temps forecasted below 35 for rest if spring. Boat is on a lift, in a covered slip, and has boat cover on it. Should I panic about the low of 26 tomorrow night, or am I okay since it should be very little actual time below freezing?

If you have access to power, put a trouble light in the engine compartment and cover everything baack up. That's what I do and it works great (as long as the bulb is good).

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It'd have to stay below freezing for a good long while

before the block could freeze, and it'll actually be warmer over water than if you had it outside

on a trailer. If you're gonna lose sleep over it, though, you might consider actually lowering the

lift to float the boat in the water. No way it could freeze surrounded by lake water.

I have the same concern and same setup you do. I am on Lake Burton and just put my boat in last weekend. I can't get to the house to drop a trouble light before it freezes tonight and tomorrow night. I am crossing my fingers, but suspect I will be ok. Whistling.gif

I'm crossing my fingers and toes with you. I can't get to mine either. Job constraints and boat is an hour away from me. I'm hearing from most that it has to stay below freezing for 18-24 hours before any damage can occur, and with daytime highs we should be okay. Why didn't I just drain the block and take off the water intake hose?????