Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some pricing insight

G-Pac

Hey All-

THE STORY- My neighbor recently decided to buy a boat they are currently conducting their due-diligence. I have sold them pretty hard on Malibu, and they have also enjoyed being guests on our LSV for the last 2 seasons.

ABOUT THE BUYERS- They consider the LSV to be too much boat for their purposes, and they are price sensitive. One of them is recreational level without a concern for wake shape/size, etc. The other is a more accomplished rider who really cares about the wake size/shape, etc. They like to have 5-7 friends out at any given time and they ride on the brackish waters of the Chesapeake Bay here in MD.

THE CHOICE- They have been out looking at many different products throughout the boat-show season and have narrowed their choices down to the following:

NEW 2007 VLX, with Monsoon (Options- power wedge, bow ballast, Sony HU w/4 RF speakers, 2 board racks, SMP TA trailer, 3-yr warranty boat/trailer, etc), priced at $54k

NEW 2007 Centurion Escalade Vdrive/Avalanche 350, with Black Scorpion 330 (Options- Storm II Upgrade (added ballast, racks, Switchblade, PP, TA trailer, 2-yr warranty boat/trailer), priced at $49.9k

They have asked my opinion on these 2 options/choices and I have explained that after spending time in both boats (but only riding behind the BU), the fit & finish alone was enough for me to choose Malibu over Centurion when I was shopping for a tow boat. I conveyed my opinion that it was worth paying a premium for what I considered to be a better built product.

HOW YOU CAN HELP- My questions to any of you are:

1) Are these prices in line for leftover 2007 models? If not, what are fair prices?

2) Do you all have any thoughts/examples/personal experiences between these 2 specific boats that I can use to better convey a complete picture to the prospective buyers (anecdotal or otherwise), realizing that we are on TMC.

I have been a bit out of the loop on pricing/options/trends since buying our '06 LSV, so any updated recent input would be greatly appreciated.

TRYING TO GROW THE BU RANKS FURTHER...

Cheers!!

G-Pac

NEW 2007 VLX, with Monsoon (Options- power wedge, bow ballast, Sony HU w/4 RF speakers, 2 board racks, SMP TA trailer, 3-yr warranty boat/trailer, etc), priced at $54k

NEW 2007 Centurion Escalade Vdrive/Avalanche 350, with Black Scorpion 330 (Options- Storm II Upgrade (added ballast, racks, Switchblade, PP, TA trailer, 2-yr warranty boat/trailer), priced at $49.9k

HOW YOU CAN HELP- My questions to any of you are:

1) Are these prices in line for leftover 2007 models? If not, what are fair prices?

2) Do you all have any thoughts/examples/personal experiences between these 2 specific boats that I can use to better convey a complete picture to the prospective buyers (anecdotal or otherwise), realizing that we are on TMC.

Cheers!!

G-Pac

1) Hard to tell on price without all the options listed. Doesn't sound bad.

2) A good friend of mine really likes his 23 Centurion Enzo, but he moved pretty far away right when he got it so I have not been out in it. In other words, Centurion was a value that worked for him. I am sure he paid less than if he was buying a 23 LSV.

3) Since they will be in brackish water, they absolutely need to have fresh water cooling. This is hard to understate, if they don't get it they will be sorry down the road (river?) for sure.

Edit - Also, if their dipping the trailer in that water every time I'd also go with galvanized, or possibly aluminum trailer.

Edited by TheBlackPearl