Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mom and dad gotta ski...

skicrazy

The fam loves to be out on the water and the kids love watching mom and dad ski. The setup in the image below worked well last year when our girl was small enough to fit in a car seat. Now that she's very mobile and squirrelly, what have people done to keep their kids seated? We didn't have this issue in Oregon, because we always had a spotter that could hold a kid or two. Now that we live in the land w/o a need for an official spotter, mom and dad love to get out when we can and bring the kids along. Our boy is fine without any restraints, but I fear that our girl will not sit still or be able to handle the acceleration when we hit the throttle.

I'm thinkng of rigging something that will strap to her vest and be anchored by the removable observers seat. Any other ideas?

Image4.jpg

There was a post that addressed this not too long ago & someone had installed a seatbelt type concoction onto one of the seats. Shouldn't be too hard to find, I'd help - but I'm in the middle of some killer chocolate making right now. ;)

When my kids were at that stage I just had them sit on my lap while I was driving. Always worked for me and the kid liked "helping" me drive.

It was I that installed a seatbelt in my boat for my daughter. I lifted up the seat back at the glove box and attached 3 pieces of 1" web strapping to something sturdy. I think I attached it to the portion of the seat back that is stationary to the right...

I made a crotch strap with a loop and a seatbelt with a fastex buckle. I think I got all the stuff from REI. You can find that stuff everywhere (fastex nylon strapping).

Pat

PM me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

Pat

We used a plastic portable highchair for our 18 mo old last year and placed him in the spotters seat. It attached to a strap on the seat there easily. The tray on the highchair worked well for some snacks to occupy him and helped keep the boat clean too.

It was I that installed a seatbelt in my boat for my daughter. I lifted up the seat back at the glove box and attached 3 pieces of 1" web strapping to something sturdy. I think I attached it to the portion of the seat back that is stationary to the right...

I made a crotch strap with a loop and a seatbelt with a fastex buckle. I think I got all the stuff from REI. You can find that stuff everywhere (fastex nylon strapping).

Pat

PM me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

Pat

Pat,

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this set up would you?

Thanks,

Heath