Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Billet Fire Extinguisher Bracket

MalibuTime

I am probably going to get one of these, but thought I'd toss out there and see if anyone else has one,if so, how does it work (rattles?) and where you got it. Or if enough people are interested, maybe we can get the G-Buy master on it. Whistling.gif

This one is $93 and is available in 1/2 dozen or more annodized colors. I have seen less clean (maybe painted, as opposed annodized?) for as low as $75, and up to $120-$150. They are all made of aluminum. You have to be careful also, many say fits 3" bracket but the Kidde Mariner 5 (that I am sure a lot of us have) is 3-1/4" diameter. Hence this is the "xtra large" size.

This is available here:

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?...=12971&c=84

post-5194-1206123013_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheBlackPearl
whoa...those sites could spell trouble for a bling happy boater.

Thats why we bought a 20 footer, so we'd have money left over ROFL.gif to fit it out.

I have always just left the fire extinguisher in a side compartment or what ever, but was thinking about mounting it, but no way I am going to screw that 50 cent plastic holder that it comes with into my new boat. I have seen some utilitarian steel ones for less than $10, but they will surely rust and stain my carpet!

Edited by TheBlackPearl

That is pretty pimp! But I have other things that I need to buy, so that would way at the bottom of my list.

Any way, My fire bottle is tucked next to the driver seat, and knowbody would see it.

Man,

If I had that kind of money to buy something outrageously blingin' as that, I'd have to mount it to my tower so everyone could see it. Oh, wait, I already have a whole garage full of equipment mounted to my tower including some snow ski racks. Oh well, I'd have to find a way.

only another $100 or so and you'd have a built in automatic fire suppression system. Nobody would see anything other than the LED on the dash.

only another $100 or so and you'd have a built in automatic fire suppression system. Nobody would see anything other than the LED on the dash.

Good point, haven't ordered anything yet.

Actually, that may be a very smart suggestion. Fire pretty much comes from one location and it would be pretty simple to plumb in a fire suppression system for that, similar to most all race cars. I think 2 lines would cover pretty much what you need, the engine bay and the fuel tank.

Eddie Marine is in my research is the low cost supplier for most of the billet stuff. You might try Summitt or Jegs for a race car bracket.