Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Revolution Carbon Fibre Board Rack Opinions

Black&Blue'Bu

Ordered my 08 VTX with swivel carbon fibre board racks and have been told now by the dealer that they are not available with the swivels. I have also read in some posts that the carbon fibre board racks have issues.

So now I am wondering if I should go with the other malibu racks or tell the dealer to keep the carbon fiber racks on and I will wait and see if some swivels for the carbon fiber board racks become available.

Anyone have experience or opinions about these revolution carbon fiber racks?

Anyone know where to get a swivel for these?

Thanks all.

Did you get it from Wizard Lake? I was told by a couple of different people that they have had problems with the carbon fibre racks. They seem like they would be very nice. I htought I have seen the carbon fibres on a spinner set up?

Did you get it from Wizard Lake? I was told by a couple of different people that they have had problems with the carbon fibre racks. They seem like they would be very nice. I htought I have seen the carbon fibres on a spinner set up?

Yeah it is though Wizard Lake Marine. I really like the looks of them but I guess would live without them if they are having problems.

Wally, I have headrd that from a couple of other Malibu owners, and not from Wizard themselves. Has your boat got the illusion or the titan tower?

The illusion X tower.

Wizard only told me they can't get the swivels. I have read other posts that say the bungees break.

Edited by wipeoutwally
That is the same thin I have heard. How long until your VTX arrives?

Yeah I was hoping that the one or two post I read that said they had problems where an exception so I decided to ask the crew what they thought.

The boat is here already I think but Ron said I could pick it up first week of May.

Like I said on another post I can hardly wait and while I am an avid snowmobiler I find myself thinking about my boat while I am snowmobiling. It is driving me crazy.

I talked to Ron yesterday. My boat is also sitting in one of the quansets waiting for the ice to melt. Spring needs to get here quick. Maybe if we actually get to use it I may spend less money equippping it with accesories.!

Trentj6930 : What do you think of your VTX? Diamond or wake hull?

Sorry I probably shouldn't hijack my own thread.

Edited by wipeoutwally

I haven't even had it in the water yet. We bought it with 20 hours on it just before xmas. It has the cut diamond hull. I still ski most of the time so we wanted a "crossover" style boat that could do most watersports quite well. I actually had a Moomba LSV ordered and just stoppped by Wizard one day on the way by and fell in love with the VTX. I think it should look really sharp on the water! I hope.

I haven't even had it in the water yet. We bought it with 20 hours on it just before xmas. It has the cut diamond hull. I still ski most of the time so we wanted a "crossover" style boat that could do most watersports quite well. I actually had a Moomba LSV ordered and just stoppped by Wizard one day on the way by and fell in love with the VTX. I think it should look really sharp on the water! I hope.

I am sure it will look great on the water. Drool.gif

I can relate as I was looking at Tige and Mastercraft but fell in love with the VTX and made what was basically an impulse buy one day at Wizard Lake Marine.

I have the wake hull though because once I "found the dark side" my ski basically got put away and has not been used for quite a few years now. Between me and the wife we have 5 wakeboards and looking to add some surf boards now. :)

I have 1 board, daugter has 1 wife has to pick one up when we take deilvery of the boat. We are also looking to buy a surf board or two. I really like the looks of the Inland Surfer Red Woody. I drooled on it a the Calgary boat show. Love.gif

I have 1 board, daugter has 1 wife has to pick one up when we take deilvery of the boat. We are also looking to buy a surf board or two. I really like the looks of the Inland Surfer Red Woody. I drooled on it a the Calgary boat show. Love.gif

I will keep that one in mind when I go looking.

I am one that has had problems with the revolution rack. I LOVE the looks and functionality is pretty good, but the bungees broke on my original and the replacement. I contacted Fundamental Industries to express my distaste and they said it was a known issue with the bungee provider and has been remedied. They said a swivel would be forthcoming and offered to adapt mine at cost. I sent it to them and that was last November and I haven't heard anything since which reminds me I need to give them a call. I really want to give them the chance to come through and I hope they have a good design, but it's yet to bee seen.

If their final product is any good then I'd say go with it, otherwise, go with Titans. I am actually surprised Malibu has kept the relationship going because I haven't heard a good report on the revolution rack yet. They are also pretty spendy, I think they're on par with a Tital swivel.

You'll have no regrets. There is really no comparison. The Moomba dealer said the LSV would probably be the best for our needs, including skiiing, and was talking up the wake plate to smooth out the wake. I skied behind an LSV in the fall and it was like skiing behind a 20' I/O. (The wake for boarding wasn't half bad though!)

Thanks Black Pearl Good to know. Have you done any surfing behind it?

No, waiting for it to get a bit warmer here. I haven't taken up surfing yet but have some crew members wanting to surf it so I'm sure we'll see. I snap some pics when we do.

i wouldn't buy them... too exspensive and don't last... go with Titan if your thinking about racks, their new spinner racks for the illusion and XS are by far the best on the market right now.

I am one that has had problems with the revolution rack. I LOVE the looks and functionality is pretty good, but the bungees broke on my original and the replacement. I contacted Fundamental Industries to express my distaste and they said it was a known issue with the bungee provider and has been remedied. They said a swivel would be forthcoming and offered to adapt mine at cost. I sent it to them and that was last November and I haven't heard anything since which reminds me I need to give them a call. I really want to give them the chance to come through and I hope they have a good design, but it's yet to bee seen.

If their final product is any good then I'd say go with it, otherwise, go with Titans. I am actually surprised Malibu has kept the relationship going because I haven't heard a good report on the revolution rack yet. They are also pretty spendy, I think they're on par with a Tital swivel.

Been away for a few days and just read this reply.

Sounds like I might have to get something different. Cry.gif

If you happen to get some good news on the swivel or a final product that has bungees that don't fall apart please let me know. I still have a couple of months before final delivery on the boat and am hoping for some good news on these board racks. The looks of the racks were a small part of why I went with Malibu and not Mastercraft or Tige.