Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AC or NGK

I went to my local Napa Auto Parts and was looking for AC Delco 41-932 Platinum's. They were out so I asked what they had instock that was comparable and he suggested NGK TR55IX. These NGK's are Iridium plugs and I am curious if any one on the crew have substituted these. I did a search online for a cross reference chart and found a site that listed these plugs as comparable. 41-932's are listed at my local Kragen store (www.partsamerica.com) for $5.99 and I purchased the NGK for a little more @ $8.29. Did I go overboard or should I just install them? Consequently the NGK's are listed at $10.99 on the Kragen site. Any insite??

You can check the cross reference chart here:

http://www.clubplug.net/cross.html

NGK is a good plug I would not be afraid to use them. Iridium is supposed to have better "self cleaning" properties than platinum.

Edited by johnsvt
I went to my local Napa Auto Parts and was looking for AC Delco 41-932 Platinum's. They were out so I asked what they had instock that was comparable and he suggested NGK TR55IX. These NGK's are Iridium plugs and I am curious if any one on the crew have substituted these. I did a search online for a cross reference chart and found a site that listed these plugs as comparable. 41-932's are listed at my local Kragen store (www.partsamerica.com) for $5.99 and I purchased the NGK for a little more @ $8.29. Did I go overboard or should I just install them? Consequently the NGK's are listed at $10.99 on the Kragen site. Any insite??

You can check the cross reference chart here:

http://www.clubplug.net/cross.html

You probably spent a little more money than you needed to, but those should be fine if not better.

Those plugs will work fine & last forever. Probably the reason that they were out of the 41932 plugs is because thoses have been superceded by a 41933. The counter guy should have known that - but they don't always.

Thats the plug I'm runninng in my boat this year. I have looked at a lot of plugs over the yrs and like theNGK line.

Plus1.gif Have always used NGK's in everything from the Bu to my truck to my sleds, to my quads and bikes and have always had great luck w/ them

Just curious...is that the same company who makes the "special air filters???"

I don't know if NGK makes air filters or not but you might be thinking about K & N air filters.

I don't know if NGK makes air filters or not but you might be thinking about K & N air filters.

YATZEE!!!! I knew it didn't sound right...thanks wipeoutwally.

Edited by CLOUT1

Are these plugs good for the 350 - carburated in the sporty?

Are these plugs good for the 350 - carburated in the sporty?

Only if the ignition system is a high energy type.

I just put the NGK's in my sporty and took it out yesterday. Has never run better! Of course it could be the new cap & rotor or new fuel filter.... :)

I just put the NGK's in my sporty and took it out yesterday. Has never run better! Of course it could be the new cap & rotor or new fuel filter.... :)

After the plug change, I'm anxiously awaiting to take the BU out Thumbup.gif. I'll see if I notice a difference. Side note; did you gap the NGK's to .60? Looked like they came pre-gaped at .58. Call me a dumb a$$ but I broke one trying to re-gap them. Ahh well whats another $8.00. Mad.gif I wish however changing the my plugs in my truck was just as easy! Frustrated.gif