Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to Malibu's

husqy510

New to this site, but I'm hoping you can answer some of my questions. I currently have a Tige 22i but I'm getting ready to buy a 23 LSV. Seems like these boats have great re-sale... the local dealer has a new 07 with all the options I want for 58k and I can't seem to find a used one for much less. Have any suggestions for finding a used one? Should I go ahead and pick up a new one? I hate to buy new, but like the idea of a brand new boat!

Those of you that have the LSV, how do you like it? Anything you would have changed when you bought yours?

Thanks.

New to this site, but I'm hoping you can answer some of my questions. I currently have a Tige 22i but I'm getting ready to buy a 23 LSV. Seems like these boats have great re-sale... the local dealer has a new 07 with all the options I want for 58k and I can't seem to find a used one for much less. Have any suggestions for finding a used one? Should I go ahead and pick up a new one? I hate to buy new, but like the idea of a brand new boat!

Those of you that have the LSV, how do you like it? Anything you would have changed when you bought yours?

Thanks.

Congrats!

A similar question came up a few weeks ago, but the question was should I buy a 2007 or 2008 23LSV since the 08 has changed from the 07, significantly improved is what many said. So, if you are going to buy new, maybe you should spring for the extra for an 08. Either way, you will like the boat alot. Finding a used one you just have to decide how far you want to travel. Lots of sources on the internet to shop price. - Craigslist, onlyinboards, Malibu dealer sites, boattrader and several others have been mentioned.

I'd say if you're going to buy an 07 you should look for a used one. If you want to buy new, like stated above, you should look at the 08 with all the new stuff. I bought new but now think it would have been better to buy 2 years old. Typical people who own Malibu's take unbelievable care of them so a 2 year old boat still looks new! I could have purchased an 06 Wakesetter now for what I bought my 07 VRide for.

But like you said, I loved buying new! You won't find a better quality boat!

I'd say if you're going to buy an 07 you should look for a used one. If you want to buy new, like stated above, you should look at the 08 with all the new stuff. I bought new but now think it would have been better to buy 2 years old. Typical people who own Malibu's take unbelievable care of them so a 2 year old boat still looks new! I could have purchased an 06 Wakesetter now for what I bought my 07 VRide for.

I don't agree with that statement at all. I haven't ridden the 08 (will probably get a chance to in a month or two) but I have talked to a couple people that have been behind both. From what I've heard most people can't tell the difference between the two wakes. My dealer actually likes the 07 hulll better and claims there is a subtle difference, he's also used the 07 hull as his demo for the last 3-4 years. Either way, IMO the 07 is one of the best wakeboard wakes out there, you can keep adding weight to that boat and it just gets better and better. Can the 08 be better? Possibly, but I can't see it being that much better to justify the price difference that you would have to step up to an 08. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get the 07 if you think the price is good and you like the boat. You won't be dissapointed at all with that boat and it's wake. I have two friends with the 07 hull and always look forward to sets behind that boat.

All that being said, if you let us know what options you're being offered, it might give us a little more insight as to how good your deal is.

I don't agree with that statement at all. I haven't ridden the 08 (will probably get a chance to in a month or two) but I have talked to a couple people that have been behind both. From what I've heard most people can't tell the difference between the two wakes. My dealer actually likes the 07 hulll better and claims there is a subtle difference, he's also used the 07 hull as his demo for the last 3-4 years. Either way, IMO the 07 is one of the best wakeboard wakes out there, you can keep adding weight to that boat and it just gets better and better. Can the 08 be better? Possibly, but I can't see it being that much better to justify the price difference that you would have to step up to an 08. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get the 07 if you think the price is good and you like the boat. You won't be dissapointed at all with that boat and it's wake. I have two friends with the 07 hull and always look forward to sets behind that boat.

All that being said, if you let us know what options you're being offered, it might give us a little more insight as to how good your deal is.

Hence the reason why I stated, "If you want to buy a "NEW" boat, look at the 08. The only reason I would buy new is to have NEW and to have all the NEW bling. It makes no sense to do it otherwise. The hit you take on depreciation for buying new just isn't worth it. The quality of the boat along with most owner's attention to detail wouldn't make me think twice about buying used now.

Edited by Helinut

He also stated most people are looking for more for used 07s than they are for that new 07 his dealer has. Which means obviously he won't be taking as much of a hit on the new 07. Being a 1st owner of a boat versus 2nd owner is also going to make it look better when he goes to get rid of it. Lastly, at 58k for that boat, after one year, I doubt he'll be taking much of a hit on depreciation if any.

Thanks.

I love it! It is a great boat Thumbup.gif

The only thing I might have changed is getting the HH over the monsoon, and the only reason I say that is alot of people site swear by them. The monsoon is just fine and I have had no problems what so ever. The HH was not a option with the deal I got.

Good luck and welcome to the site !

:werule:

Thanks for all the advice guys. The boat has the basic options/standard equipment that I want. Illusion X tower, wedge, bimini top, boat cover, heater, carpet saver, nice trailer... It has a standard stereo which I like because we will install all new speakers, amps anyways. My one concern is it only has four speakers, is it hard to add additional speakers? Does it come from the factory with spots for additional speakers?

Thanks again

From what i understand, Malibu wires all speaker locations no matter how many speakers the package you get has. As a result, you should be able to cut a hole where the additional factory speakers would be and find the wires.

I may be wrong, others will confirm or deny.

Enjoy the new boat! I'm picking up my new 2007 23 LSV on Friday. I'm selling my 2002 Sunscape. Malibu makes GREAT boats. You will love it.

Well the only other place for more speakers is the bow...for a total of 6 cabin speakers. Then you move to the tower.

The holes for the speakers in the bow are precut but will be covered up by vinyl...but that just cuts away (if you have the guts) and the speaker drops right in.

I think they may not prewire for bow speakers on all boats, I can't remember. Either way it's a crazy easy run to the amps or the HU.

-Chris

I don't have a problem cutting the vinyl for the bow speakers. Is the tower pre-wired? Are their already holes to mount the speakers?

Welcome to the site Clap.gif The tower is pre wired but depending on what speakers your going to install you may need to upgread the wire.

Welcome to the site. Rockon.gif

All I can say is be prepared for the plethora of information these guys will give you. It is overwhelming at times.

Take it from me...after my prop discussion I had to lay down for a while...

I was in a similar situation last fall. I had an 03 SANTE and upgraded to an 07 LSV. I struggled with holding out for an 08 but found a good deal on an 07 and jumped on it. I don't regret it one bit. Very nice boat all the way around. The wake took some getting used to, coming from my SANTE but I really like it now. If you want used, check craigslist and onlyinboards as has been mentioned before. But if there is very little price difference between a used 07 and a new one, I think I would jump on the new one personally. Good luck!

I just bought a 23LSV last year and loved it. I am ready for the weather to warm up so I can get back on the water. I checked my boat last weekend and the stereo didn't work at all so I will have to investigate that but the boat as far as power, handling and everything else is way better than the Glastron that I had (wasn't a bad starter boat). I say it depends on what you are willing to spend and whether you want "brand new" or "slightly used."

So now we are looking at an 08 LSV. It comes with the wedge, illusion x tower, rear stereo control, carpet saver, bimini top, boat cover, racks, heater and fiberglass section over the engine. Do you guys think the power wedge is a good option? What about the new stereo, how hard is it to add amps and additional speakers. Is there anything you guys wish you had done differently on your boat.

The boat is 64k. What do you think?

Thanks again for all the advice

First...I'm not speaking from EXPERIENCE...I'm a newbie to Malibu...but the power wedge presets that are offered in 08 seem like a pretty decent upgrade, all else equal.

Thanks for all the advice guys. This is the first new boat I've ever bought so I want to make sure we don't regret any of the decisions. In talking with the dealer they weren't really pushing the power wedge, but I wanted to get the advice of people who have it, or have used it.

So now we are looking at an 08 LSV. It comes with the wedge, illusion x tower, rear stereo control, carpet saver, bimini top, boat cover, racks, heater and fiberglass section over the engine. Do you guys think the power wedge is a good option? What about the new stereo, how hard is it to add amps and additional speakers. Is there anything you guys wish you had done differently on your boat.

The boat is 64k. What do you think?

Thanks again for all the advice

Once again...from a lack of experience but a lot of reading (meaning I guess I can only offer you very little if any sound advice Whistling.gif )...the wedge pulls the back of the boat down as if it were more ballast, so I can't imagine not wanting it. My dealer felt the floating manual wedge was great and bought a bunch of his 08's with them before he found out about the factory presets and all of that. If the wedge is a good thing (which I would bet the majority of folk here would say it is), then isn't a series of presets and the ability to adjust to the precise condition you want AN EVEN BETTER THING? With your experience with the Tige, I'm betting you will love the wedge and be very good at sorting out the ballast in the front to lengthen the surf wake...they do make a bag that fits under the bow cushion which with a few people up front should get you plenty, right??? Just some things for you to consider...unfortunately I only have more questions for you than answers for now. Good luck!!!

Those are all great things to consider. We are definately getting the wedge, and I love the idea of the wedge be incorporated with the new computer system, but I do not love the idea of another 1600.00 our what ever it cost. I guess we will know more after the test ride next weekend

Those are all great things to consider. We are definately getting the wedge, and I love the idea of the wedge be incorporated with the new computer system, but I do not love the idea of another 1600.00 our what ever it cost. I guess we will know more after the test ride next weekend

Yah...amen to that. Well, that is about 3 percent of the value of your boat, so just be sure it makes your boat at least 4 percent better for you!! :)