Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Floor Panel Removal - 23' XTi

I am trying to remove the floor panel that sits over top of my shaft packing housing on a 23' XTi. I have removed the two screws at the back of the floor panel, but for the life of me can not get the panel to budge. I have tried prying, using a rubber hammer on the underside, sliding forward, etc. But I just can't get the floor panel to pop out. :unsure:

If you have an XTi and have been able to remove the floor panel, please help me out!

Thanks in advance......

You need to pry it back towards the motor and then have two screw driver and pry it up in the rear but you will want to warp a towel around the screwdriver shaft so that you dod not put imprints in the carpet.

You need to pry it back towards the motor and then have two screw driver and pry it up in the rear but you will want to warp a towel around the screwdriver shaft so that you dod not put imprints in the carpet.

Thanks although I tried this without success. I even put a block of wood in the table socket in the floor and beat it with a hammer toward the motor and it didn't budge. The two screw heads were stripped, so I have a feeling the floor panel hasn't been removed in some time now. I had to use pliers to grip the outer section of the screw head to remove them. (I bought the bought last summer.) I want to get it removed so that I can adjust or replace the packing....I noticed a spray of water out of the packing housing.

Also, does anyone know the packing size I should use.....1/4" or 3/16"???

Thanks....

Thanks although I tried this without success. I even put a block of wood in the table socket in the floor and beat it with a hammer toward the motor and it didn't budge. The two screw heads were stripped, so I have a feeling the floor panel hasn't been removed in some time now. I had to use pliers to grip the outer section of the screw head to remove them. (I bought the bought last summer.) I want to get it removed so that I can adjust or replace the packing....I noticed a spray of water out of the packing housing.

Also, does anyone know the packing size I should use.....1/4" or 3/16"???

Thanks....

I'm sure you checked, but just in case, there may be some screws holding the seat area to the floor just behind the motor. Mine didn't have those, it only had the 2 screws at the back of the panel and lifted up easily like the previous description. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you have already done this but look along side the edges of the floor board, I found extra ones in mine and I had to use a magnet to find them because I couldn't see anything in the carpet. I couldn't move the floor board after removing 4 screws and I was told that's all there was Whistling.gif

Mine may be different......on the 02 xti you have to remove the rear seat and support.....this pins down the floor board. Also, you may have to just tighten the nut on the shaft to keep it from leaking.

• 2 years later...

I'm sure you checked, but just in case, there may be some screws holding the seat area to the floor just behind the motor. Mine didn't have those, it only had the 2 screws at the back of the panel and lifted up easily like the previous description. Good luck.

I have an 03 XTI and I took the seat bottom attached to the motor side of the rear salon to remove the floor. Really easy, just a couple nuts and a few screws.

I have an 03 XTI and I took the seat bottom attached to the motor side of the rear salon to remove the floor. Really easy, just a couple nuts and a few screws.

Good info and good thread - I have an 02 23XTi and bought the $30 buck stubby wrench to reach back under the floor to adjust the packing. However I am summoning the strength of a thousand men and cannot get the nuts to "un-jamb". I have a steady trickle from the packing even at rest - bilge pump getting a workout. I'll try this removal so I can some leverage and see if I need to adjust or repack.

- Mike