Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Summer mooring questions

Capt-Rum

I plan on keeping our boat on the lift all summer. I'm wandering what everyone else does to protect their Bu's from all the elements it's exposed to. Boat care for example, water spots, sun fade, Cover protectors, Tower fade, sunpad fade. I believe with the new lift I can get it pretty far out of the water but will still have to deal with the occasional water splash. Also, our park will not allow covers on the boat lifts to it's totally exposed.

I leave my boats docked for the whole summer and have not had many problems, maybe a little sun fade on the rear, but thats about it. However, I do cover it, and are you saying they will not allow you to cover your boat at all while on a lift??

I have the standard boat cover, they don't allow lift canopy. I was thinking of having a Zipper sewn into the boat cover and add a skirt to the standard cover.

We had our old boat (04 Supra) on a lift for 3 years and all I ever did was cover it and use a soft bristled brush every now and then. A good coat of wax and a normal cover and you should be fine. After 3 years we had no fading on the boat or cover (all dark colors). One thing to possibly do for the cover is spray it with scotchguard (prevents fading and helps water bead).