Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much do you use your shower?

chrisallenhogs

I am thinking about picking one of these up. How useful are the hot/cold water showers really?

For me in upstate NY, the shower is awesome. I ride a SKY SKI. I strap into the ski on the platform with the hot shower in my short wet suit. Makes me nice and tosty. The best part is your 2nd or 3rd set and you feel a bit chilled. The warm water really loosens the muscles. You are ready to ride Rockon.gif

best thing since sliced bread.

even in the middle of summer i find myself taking a hot shower before heading to work in the morning.

better yet in the cold weather.

since 'discovering' the shower we ski if the lake isn't frozen.

add the heater and it's just too great.

don't hesitate. don't delay.

it's on the must have list.

We used ours maybe once a season. Our new boat doesn't have one and we won't be putting one in. We ride 90% of the time on a filthy river which is probably why we don't use ours that often. The thought of HOT river water all over me makes me sick...the thought of wakeboarding in it doesn't Biggrin.gif

Love using it in the spring and fall to warm up and when out camping for a weekend I'll use it at night for a shower. Woody and Crazylady has one on there boat, I just wish she would shave her pits. Vomit.gif YOUR NOT German Tongue.gif

The three best options in our boat are

1) prefect pass

2) heater

3) shower

every other option is just that, an option that some people don't need

I am thinking about picking one of these up. How useful are the hot/cold water showers really?

Spring and fall we use it. for the wetsuits. During the summer two week /skiing/camping trip we use it for cleaning the kids and ourselves Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif

That & the heater are my best friends.... I LOVE them both! I think I use that shower more often than anyone I know. Sometimes to get warm, sometimes to wash my hair during a weekend on the water. Wouldn't trade that puppy in for the world. Ok, well maybe for the world, but you know what I mean. ;)

Depends on where you live, if it's cold all the time, then it's worth it. If your in a warm area, then it's up to you.

Love using it in the spring and fall to warm up and when out camping for a weekend I'll use it at night for a shower. Woody and Crazylady has one on there boat, I just wish she would shave her pits. Vomit.gif YOUR NOT German Tongue.gif

Ok, ok... Yes we do have shower; and it is great. It is a nice feature to have during the Spring and Fall to warm up before or after set.

I think the ladies use it more during the summer on our long camping weekends.

Too funny Greg....

If you have kids and/or women that you'll be catering to - then definitely. It was a low cost addition. We use it often. On long trips we use it daily to shower off the deck.

NEVER!!!!! :) And to clarify - The only time the pits are not shaved is on long weeknd camping trips - mainly to gross Goose out!

Edited by crazylady

It helps to soften up frozen bindings and warm up your hands and feet after a run when it's in the 30s. I leave my neoprene diving boots and gloves in a cooler of hot water while I ski.

I guess how much use depends on your region.

I'm in Ca. so I only take the boat out when air temps get to 80 and above, I do other extreme sports until then. Today is saint patties day so extreme beer drinking needs to be done. So I really only use my shower for squirting the kids and other people, used it once or twice when camping to shower.

As has been said, they are very useful in the cold weather situations. It nice to fill that wetsuit up with some nice warm water before hopping in the cold water.

if you will have a significant other with you then the shower is a MUST - ESPECIALLY if you go away for a weekend and there's nowhere else to shower. i just hop on the platform and voila! plus remember its hard for us girls to wash our hair while bobbing up and down in the water (even if in a "diaper") so sitting on the platform with a shower hose makes for a happier lady...

IIRC, another perk of the shower was a huge help in rinsing the suds when i "conditioned" the carpet Whistling.gif