Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How about the height of a VTX on a trailer

KokaneeKonsumer

Hi - did a quick search, couldn't find anything (sorry it it's been discussed before) - but somewhat assessing going to a VTX. Are we talking virtually the same issues/paramaters as the VLX? The VTX (Illusion X Tower) would be on a tandem Extreme trailer with the 17" wheels (55 series tires). Couldn't quickly find the freeboard specs for either boat - maybe the VTX is a little more shallow and would benefit that way.

Thanks

I don't have a VTX, but I was told by my dealer that it is exactly the same hieght as mine :unsure:

I don't have 17" wheels, mine our 15" with the standard trailer type tires 70 series, but I can get mine in the garage with the tower on the dash and trailer tongue all the way as close to the ground as possible, once I get it in I prop the tower up on a pillow so it's not resting on the dash pad. I do have to take the ball off if I don't want to push on the garage door or rub on the garage frame. I just finished up my custom dolley so I don't have to use my floor jack, I'll be testing it out today, in fact, in about 30 minutes :)

Edited by 68Slalom

I have a VTX on a Extreme trailer. I have the 60 series tires, so whatever size that is I don't know. I optioned for the Titan III. My garage height is 6'11". I have to basically unbolt the entire tower and lay it down to make it fit. You can see it in my gallery link. It takes me an extra 15 minutes, but it is definetly worth it. "If there's a will, there's a way" Good Luck!!!!!

Hi - did a quick search, couldn't find anything (sorry it it's been discussed before) - but somewhat assessing going to a VTX. Are we talking virtually the same issues/paramaters as the VLX? The VTX (Illusion X Tower) would be on a tandem Extreme trailer with the 17" wheels (55 series tires). Couldn't quickly find the freeboard specs for either boat - maybe the VTX is a little more shallow and would benefit that way.

Thanks

Just a thought. You might want to try a single axle trailer. (easier to lower the tongue) I had one on my VTX and it was just easier to maneuver in every way. Saves lots of money for gas as well.

Thanks

Just a thought. You might want to try a single axle trailer. (easier to lower the tongue) I had one on my VTX and it was just easier to maneuver in every way. Saves lots of money for gas as well.

The VTX on the trailer already built @ the dealer's lot - have just seen it on paper and ISPEC - if it's meant to work, it just might. Thanks for the perspective - we'll see....

I have a VTX on a Extreme trailer. I have the 60 series tires, so whatever size that is I don't know. I optioned for the Titan III. My garage height is 6'11". I have to basically unbolt the entire tower and lay it down to make it fit. You can see it in my gallery link. It takes me an extra 15 minutes, but it is definetly worth it. "If there's a will, there's a way" Good Luck!!!!!

It seems everyone has been pretty creative with their VLXs and getting them in - fortunately or unfortunately this boat is built and ready for delivery. Re: the will - I can always retro-fit an 8' foot door - or move... - $$$$$ either way :)

For my AB friends, this is one of Don's boats...

Edited by KokaneeKonsumer

It seems everyone has been pretty creative with their VLXs and getting them in - fortunately or unfortunately this boat is built and ready for delivery. Re: the will - I can always retro-fit an 8' foot door - or move... - $$$$$ either way :)

For my AB friends, this is one of Don's boats...

i just picked up a vtx from ron , on tuesday. when do you get your boat

Nice color scheme, I would be afraid of having those bikes over my boat :unsure: unless they are not over the boat and that is the way they look in your pics. But nice set up Thumbup.gif Did you have to build that cut out in the wall just for you boat or was it originally there as storage, because I worked out well if it came that way?

Edited by 68Slalom

68 slalom,

As far as the bikes, I used the "heavy duty" J hooks and they are definetly in the studs. The roof would have to fall down before those bikes came down. At that point I would have some serious problems. The "hole" you spoke of was specifically for my 1st Malibu (02' Sunsetter). I remembered there was hidden space behind that wall when we moved in. I got a 21' boat in a 19' garage. I was not going to be denied the opprotunity and I was for sure not going to leave my baby outside. The 20' VTX is a tighter fit then our 21' Sunsetter, it's because of the beam being 98" as opposed to 93". I was at the dealer several times with my tape measure before making my final decision. They (Tilly's Marine) even came out to my house with different boats to check the fit before I made a decision. Tilly's Marine is TOP OF THE LINE Thumbup.gif Anyway, thanks for noticing.

You haven't even had that Response Lxi off of the trailer yet! :)

Funny thing happened at the boat show....

Wife and kids were with me - the RLXi and VTX were side by side and we spent some quality time in both and the VTX was a better fit (litterally). Had some indepth discussions with Don and Mark from Malibu corporate - everything, generally, made sense in terms of doing the deal (still have to get my head around the extra $$ though). Subject to us seeing the new VTX (currently still wrapped @ WLM - it's on a white trailer - hope it looks good) and the sale of the RLXi. I'll keep you posted.

I purchased a VTX from Ron as well. It is almost the same color scheme as Ron and Gordons demo boat. The pics I have are not very good. Just need a few more days of sunshine and we will go and pick it up.

You haven't even had that Response Lxi off of the trailer yet! :)

Wife and kids were with me - the RLXi and VTX were side by side and we spent some quality time in both and the VTX was a better fit (litterally). Had some indepth discussions with Don and Mark from Malibu corporate - everything, generally, made sense in terms of doing the deal (still have to get my head around the extra $$ though). Subject to us seeing the new VTX (currently still wrapped @ WLM - it's on a white trailer - hope it looks good) and the sale of the RLXi. I'll keep you posted.

Let me know if you get it, I wouldn't mind taking a ride in it... I think the VTX is going to be on the top of my list after mine sells...

I purchased a VTX from Ron as well. It is almost the same color scheme as Ron and Gordons demo boat. The pics I have are not very good. Just need a few more days of sunshine and we will go and pick it up.

are you talking about the one in there showroom or at boat show, i picked up a black and yellow one. Yahoo.gif very similar to the one in there showroom. the only thing different is mine has a grey and black dash not the bright yellow

The one I bought is the one in my profile pic. The one you bought was it an 07? If it was I might have looked at it as well. The demo I was refering to was the white and black iris they had at the Calgary boat show. The white one in the show room looked awesome. I have thought about removing the tower and painting it white like the other one.

The one I bought is the one in my profile pic. The one you bought was it an 07? If it was I might have looked at it as well. The demo I was refering to was the white and black iris they had at the Calgary boat show. The white one in the show room looked awesome. I have thought about removing the tower and painting it white like the other one.

the one i bought is a 2008 , it will arrive on thursday i believe. really looking forward to seeing it in person

Congrats Bryan.