Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
hawaiianstyln

Raw Water pump replacement

hawaiianstyln

Anyone know where to get rebuilt or replacement raw water pumps for this engine? Also, I can't find anywhere on the pump what kind/type the pump is, anyone know?

I did some searches on this site, but no luck so far.

Keith

twdugas
Anyone know where to get rebuilt or replacement raw water pumps for this engine? Also, I can't find anywhere on the pump what kind/type the pump is, anyone know?

Keith

Is the housing bad or something? Normally the rubber impeller fails and thats the part that needs to be replaced? Have you taken the cover off to look at the impeller??? More than likely your rubber impeller is bad. I change mine once a year at the beginning of the season. Other people change theirs every 2 yrs and so on.

Anyways here is a link with raw water pumps and impeller replacement kits...

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=499

chadwick02

Keith

Is the housing bad or something? Normally the rubber impeller fails and thats the part that needs to be replaced? Have you taken the cover off to look at the impeller??? More than likely your rubber impeller is bad. I change mine once a year at the beginning of the season. Other people change theirs every 2 yrs and so on.

Anyways here is a link with raw water pumps and impeller replacement kits...

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=499

Plus1.gif

My guess is it should be just your impeller.

There is a crew group buy on some very good globe run dry impellers right now too. You can find more info in the group buy section.

And a big Welcome.gif to twdugas! Good info on your first post!!

bigD

I think he had his boat in Hawaii for awhile,the salt water could have killed it.

Order from the dealer or maybe skidim

D-GOOSE
I think he had his boat in Hawaii for awhile,the salt water could have killed it.

Order from the dealer or maybe skidim

hawaiianstyln

i get it now Biggrin.gif

hawaiianstyln

Yah, I actually change my impeller every season, but noticed some drippage behind the impeller housing that leads to the water pump..The skinny part before it goes into the water pump.. Maybe it's not the raw water pump??... Hmmmm I need to start this on the trailer hooked up to my flush kit and find out exactly. I just figured it was the raw water pump since it's been 4 years and 588 hours on the engine.

Thanks for the welcome.. :) That's exactly why I love hanging out on this site. People are so dang friendly and Malibu owners seem to be a very close family. Yah, actuallly when this site was malibuboatowners.com back in the day, I hung out here and posted religiously. Well, I guess it's wakesiderides.com, but seems like everyone came over to this site.

NorCaliBu
...Hmmmm I need to start this on the trailer hooked up to my flush kit and find out exactly...

My engine circulation pump went out last year (lost a seal and started leaking) so definitely verify where the dripping is coming from. SkiDIM will have whatever parts you end up needing and at very fair prices. :)

Good to see you back Keith. Thumbup.gif

dhcomp

If the back of the raw water pump is leaking you need a new housing.

Order from ski dim. Easy install on a Direct drive, probably not as easy on a Vdrive, but not impossible.

hawaiianstyln

Okay, I pulled the boat out of the garage and started it on the trailer. I noticed a SLOWWWW drip at first, but then after it warmed up, it dripped rappidly out of the area where the impeller housing transitions into the pump. Not sure if I'm explaining this right, but if you look really good, it looks like there are slots in the spindle housing (???) where you can almost see the shaft spinning as it goes into the raw water pump from the impleller housing (in between). I have no idea if i'm explaining this right, but....

I change my impleller out every summer. I'm also sure there are no leaks from the impleller cover plate. It's definately coming out

hawaiianstyln

pulled it off this morning! :) Only took about 30 minutes to un-loosen everything and then pop it off. The plate says it's a 68-5001 and I found a GREAT deal at Indmar 68-5001 Pump at J.A. Chamberlain

hawaiianstyln

Finally got the pump in from J.A. Chamberlain's website (nice guy and fast shipping). The total was $141 that included: shipping, new raw water pump, gasket and impeller. What a deal!!!!!!! :)

Took me about 20 minutest to put it back on and get'er running on the trailer again.

areamike
Finally got the pump in from J.A. Chamberlain's website (nice guy and fast shipping). The total was $141 that included: shipping, new raw water pump, gasket and impeller. What a deal!!!!!!! :)

Took me about 20 minutest to put it back on and get'er running on the trailer again.

thanks for keeping us posted

I'll be getting one of these also. Included impeller also? that is a good deal! Thumbup.gif

hawaiianstyln

yup! it's a no brainer.. Clap.gif

areamike

thanks for keeping us posted

I'll be getting one of these also. Included impeller also? that is a good deal! Thumbup.gif

I just got mine and installed it. You were right. Only took about 20 minutes.